Delafuente History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Delafuente, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Delafuente, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because Spain was conquered by the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries.The Delafuente family originally lived in the region of Fuentes which is a place-name that means fountains.
Early Origins of the Delafuente family
The surname Delafuente was first found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of the Middle Ages.
Early History of the Delafuente family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Delafuente research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1185, 1576, 1680 and 1640 are included under the topic Early Delafuente History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delafuente Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fuentes, Fuente, de la Fuente, Fuentecilla, Fuéntez, Fuentez, Font, Fonte, Fontes, Fontecilla, Fontana, Fontano, Fontanal, Fontanales, Fontanals, Fontanella, Fontanet, Fontanillos and many more.
Early Notables of the Delafuente family (pre 1700)
Notable bearers of the family name Delafuente were Juan Pedro Fontanella (1576-1680), a Catalan judge and advocate, co-instigator of the Catalan Revolt of 1640; seventeenth century Spanish navigator Bartolomé Fuentes; seventeenth century Catalan lawyer and politician Joan Pere...
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Delafuente Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Delafuente migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Delafuente Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Francisco DeLaFuente, who arrived in America in 1835 
- Hernando DeLaFuente, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835 
- Juan DeLaFuente, who landed in Cartagena in 1835 
- Andres DeLaFuente, who landed in Dominican Republic in 1836 
- Martin DeLaFuente, who landed in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1838 
Contemporary Notables of the name Delafuente (post 1700) +
- José Castillejo de la Fuente (b. 1868), Spanish lawyer and politician
- Aquiles Carmona de la Fuente (b. 1900), Chilean doctor
- Juan Mujica de la Fuente (b. 1905), Chilean writer and diplomat
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)