Del castillo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Del castillo is derived from the Late Latin word "castellum," which meant a fortified building (a castle), a set of buildings or even a village. The region of Castilla in central Spain, an independent kingdom from the 11th to the 16th century, was so named because of the many castles located there.
Early Origins of the Del castillo family
The surname Del castillo was first found in the mountainous area of Santander, in the northwestern region of the Iberian peninsula.
Important Dates for the Del castillo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Del castillo research. Another 116 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1699, 1760, 1757, 1760, 1602 and 1656 are included under the topic Early Del castillo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Del castillo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castillo, Castillos, Castel, Castello,Castilla and others.
Early Notables of the Del castillo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family Felix Castello (1602-1656), a Spanish painter of the Baroque period, painted for the chapel of Santo Cristo de la Paciencia in the Convent of...
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Del castillo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Del castillo migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Del castillo Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Beltran DelCastillo, who settled in America in 1535
- Andrea DelCastillo, who settled in America in 1535
- Baltasar DelCastillo, who settled in New Spain in 1539
- Diego DelCastillo, who arrived in Peru in 1555
- Francisca DelCastillo, who settled in New Granada in 1557
Del castillo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso DelCastillo, who arrived in Cartagena in 1835 
- Andrea DelCastillo, who arrived in America in 1835 
- Antonia DelCastillo, who landed in America in 1835 
- Beltran DelCastillo, who landed in America in 1835 
- Francisco DelCastillo, who landed in America in 1835 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Del castillo (post 1700)
- Doc DelCastillo (b. 1968), American ice hockey head coach for Hamline University
- Antonio Cánovas del Castillo (1828-1897), Spanish statesman and historian
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)