Del castillo History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Del castillo is derived from the Late Latin word "castellum," which meant a fortified building (a castle), a set of buildings or even a village. The region of Castilla in central Spain, an independent kingdom from the 11th to the 16th century, was so named because of the many castles located there.
Early Origins of the Del castillo family
The surname Del castillo was first found in the mountainous area of Santander, in the northwestern region of the Iberian peninsula.
Early History of the Del castillo family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Del castillo research. Another 187 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1492, 1584, 1699, 1760, 1757, 1760, 1602 and 1656 are included under the topic Early Del castillo History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Del castillo Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castillo, Castillos, Castel, Castello,Castilla and others.
Early Notables of the Del castillo family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family Felix Castello (1602-1656), a Spanish painter of the Baroque period, painted for the chapel of Santo Cristo de la Paciencia in the Convent of...
Another 30 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Del castillo Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Del castillo Ranking
In the United States, the name Del castillo is the 10,516th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Del castillo migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Del castillo Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Beltran DelCastillo, who settled in America in 1535
- Andrea DelCastillo, who settled in America in 1535
- Baltasar DelCastillo, who settled in New Spain in 1539
- Diego DelCastillo, who arrived in Peru in 1555
- Francisca DelCastillo, who settled in New Granada in 1557
Del castillo Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso DelCastillo, who arrived in Cartagena in 1835 
- Andrea DelCastillo, who arrived in America in 1835 
- Antonia DelCastillo, who landed in America in 1835 
- Beltran DelCastillo, who landed in America in 1835 
- Francisco DelCastillo, who landed in America in 1835 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Del castillo (post 1700) ||+|
- Mark del Castillo, American guitarist, vocalist, composer and songwriter
- Zoila Augusta Emperatriz Chávarri del Castillo (b. 1922), known professionally as Yma Sumac, a Peruvian-American coloratura soprano. She was one of the most famous exponents of exotica music during the 1950s
- Kate del Castillo Negrete Trillo (b. 1972), Mexican-American actress, known for her lead role in the telenovela Muchachitas for Televisa in 1991
- Doc DelCastillo (b. 1968), American ice hockey head coach for Hamline University
- Athenea del Castillo Beivide (b. 2000), Spanish professional footballer who plays as a forward for Real Madrid of the Primera División and the Spain women's national football team
- Antonio Cánovas del Castillo (1828-1897), Spanish politician and historian born in Málaga, Prime Minister of Spain (1895-1897), (1890-1892), (1884-1885), (1879-1881), (1875-1879), (1875)
- Adrián San Miguel del Castillo (b. 1987), known simply as Adrián, a Spanish professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Premier League club Liverpool
- J. Eduardo Eric del Castillo Negrete Galván (b. 1934), Mexican actor of theater, film and television
- Jorge Alfonso Alejandro Del Castillo Gálvez (b. 1950), Peruvian lawyer and politician
- Carlos Del Castillo (b. 1965), Puerto Rican scientist, recipient of the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), the highest honor bestowed by the United States government on scientists and engineers beginning their independent careers
- ... (Another 7 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Historic Events for the Del castillo family ||+|
Triangle Waist Company
- Miss Josie DelCastillo (b. 1890), Italian garment worker who was working at Triangle Waist Company factory at the Asch building in Greenwich Village on the 25th March 1911 when fire broke out; she died in the fire 
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire (retrieved on 3rd August 2021.) Retrieved from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangle_Shirtwaist_Factory_fire