Deitz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Deitz family
The surname Deitz was first found in Hessen, where the name was closely identified in early mediaeval times with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout European history. Diez, the geographical origin of the name, is a town with a castle (later a prison) that belonged to the counts of Nassau-Dillenburg, in what was Hesse-Nassau. The name would later emerge as a noble family with great influence, having many distinguished branches, and become noted for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs.
Early History of the Deitz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deitz research. Another 114 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1765, 1786, 1794, and 1876 are included under the topic Early Deitz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deitz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Diez, Diets, Diedse, Dietze, Diets, Deetz and others.
Early Notables of the Deitz family (pre 1700)
Prominent figures of the time who bore the name Deitz were Heinrich Friedrich Dietz, ennobled 1786, who was a diplomat stationed in Constantinople (now Instanbul); he later donated...
Another 28 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deitz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deitz migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deitz Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Deitz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748 
- Johan Michel Deitz, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748 
- John Deitz, who landed in New York in 1798 
Deitz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lewis Deitz, aged 35, who landed in Boston, Massachusetts in 1839 
- Christopher Deitz, who landed in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1839 
- Antoine Deitz, aged 22, who arrived in Missouri in 1840 
- Mois Deitz, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- Rosa Deitz, who landed in New York, NY in 1847 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Deitz (post 1700) +
- Alonzo Edward Deitz (1836-1921), American lock manufacturer who founded the A. E. Deitz lock company
- Terry Deitz (b. 1959), American pilot, television host, and former contestant on the American reality television show Survivor: Panama
- Thomas Franklin Deitz (1952-2009), American novelist
- Shane Alan Deitz (b. 1975), Australian first-class cricketer
- Thomas Deitz McKeown (1878-1951), American Democratic Party politician, District Judge in Oklahoma 7th District, 1911-16; U.S. Representative from Oklahoma 4th District, 1917-21, 1923-35 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html