Deherrera History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Deherrera family
The surname Deherrera was first found in Castile, one of the most important Christian kingdoms of medieval Spain.
Early History of the Deherrera family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Deherrera research. Another 126 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1576, 1656, 1622 and 1685 are included under the topic Early Deherrera History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deherrera Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Herrera, Herrero, Herreras, Herreros, Herrerías, Herrerias, Herrezuelo, Hierro, Ferrera, Ferrero, Ferreras, Ferreros, Ferreiro, Ferreira, Fierro, Ferruz, Deherrera and many more.
Early Notables of the Deherrera family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family 14th century Castilian nobleman García de Herrera; 16th century mathematician and philosopher Gabriel Alonso de Herrera; Juan de Herrera, architect to King Philip II, who completed the magnificent El Escorial near Madrid; 16th century poet Fernando de Herrera; Francisco Herrera the Elder (1576-1656), a Spanish painter from Seville; Francisco Herrera the Younger (1622-1685), a Spanish painter and architect; 16th century painter Alonso de...
Another 68 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Deherrera Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Deherrera migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Deherrera Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bartolome DeHerrera, who landed in Rio de la Plata in 1835 
- Francisco DeHerrera, who arrived in Veragua in 1835 
- Juan DeHerrera, who arrived in Cartagena in 1835 
- Luis DeHerrera, who arrived in Cartagena in 1835 
- Martin DeHerrera, who arrived in Rio de la Plata in 1835 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Deherrera (post 1700) +
- Gloria de Herrera (1929-1985), American art restorer and collector
- Joshua "Yoshi" DeHerrera (b. 1972), American television personality
- Simón de Herrera y Leyva (1754-1813), Spanish politician and military professional, 44th Governor of Nuevo León (1795-1805), 34th Governor of the Spanish Colony of Texas in 1811
- Tomás José Ramón del Carmen de Herrera y Pérez Dávila (b. 1804), Panama statesman and general, the first Head of State of the Free State of the Isthmus (1840-1841), 12th President of the Republic of the New Granada in 1854
- José Joaquín Antonio de Herrera (1792-1854), Mexican politician, President of Mexico (1844, 1844–45 and 1848–51)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)