Dehart History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dehart family
The surname Dehart was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power. The most important of these branches was that seated at Grabenstadt who were raised to the rank of cavaliers in 1579.
Early History of the Dehart family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dehart research. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1762 and 1813 are included under the topic Early Dehart History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dehart Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Hardt, Hart, Hard and others.
Early Notables of the Dehart family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dehart Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Dehart is the 3,128th most popular surname with an estimated 9,948 people with that name. 
Dehart migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dehart Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Simon Aertsen DeHart, who arrived in America in 1664 
- Simon Aesen DeHart, who arrived in New York, NY in 1664 
Dehart Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jean DeHart, aged 43, who arrived in Louisiana in 1797 
Dehart Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Edward DeHart, who arrived in New York, NY in 1811 
- S DeHart, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
Contemporary Notables of the name Dehart (post 1700) +
- James "Jimmy" DeHart (1893-1935), American football player and head coach at Duke University (1926 to 1930) and Washington & Lee University (1922 to 1925)
- Richard Allen "Rick" DeHart (b. 1970), American former Major League Baseball left-handed pitcher
- DeHart H. Ames (b. 1872), American Republican politician, Member of New York State Assembly from Cattaraugus County, 1915-20; Member of New York State Senate 51st District, 1921-24 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html