Declerck History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Declerck family
The surname Declerck was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It hold great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Declerck family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Declerck research.Another 299 words (21 lines of text) covering the years 1717, 1745, and 1829 are included under the topic Early Declerck History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Declerck Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Clercq, Clercqe, Clercqes, Clerrcq, Clerrcqe, Clerrcqs, Cleercq, Cleercqs, Clerceq, van Clerq, de Clerq, de Clercq and many more.
Early Notables of the Declerck family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Declerck Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Declerck family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Declerck Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Clemence de Clerck, aged 42, who landed in America, in 1895
Declerck Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Jaon Declerck, who settled in Illinois in 1904
- Achille De Clerck, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Clercken, Belgium, in 1907
- Andre De Clerck, aged 3, who emigrated to America from Maldeghem, Belgium, in 1908
- Alfons De Clerck, aged 5, who landed in America, in 1909
- Emerance De Clerck, aged 11, who emigrated to the United States, in 1909
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Declerck (post 1700)
- Roger De Clerck (1924-2015), Belgian entrepreneur and CEO of the Beaulieu textile group
Declerck Family Crest Products