Origins Available: Italian
Early Origins of the De rosa family
The surname De rosa was first found in Italy, where bearers of De rosa were found since the Middle Ages in many areas of Italy, including Venetia, Emilia and the south. The spelling variations
on the name which end in "o" are mostly from the south, whereas those that end in "i" are mostly from the north. The name De rosa, like many Italian surnames began as a personal name
long before it was adopted as a surname; the name means "rose."
Early History of the De rosa family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our De rosa research.Another 279 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1300, 1320, 1345, 1475, 1584, 1604, 1607, 1656, 1615, 1673 and 1687 are included under the topic Early De rosa History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
De rosa Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Rosa, De Rosa, Rosas, Rosi, Di Rosa, La Rosa, Larosa, Roselli, Rosellini, Rosiello, Rosetti, Rosettini, Rosettin, Rosina, Rosini, Rosin, Rosita, Rosoni, Rosone, Roson, Rosani, Rosano, Rosan, Rosanelli, Rosatto and many more.
Early Notables of the De rosa family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early De rosa Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the De rosa family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
De rosa Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Alonso DeRosa, who arrived in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1838 CITATION[CLOSE]
Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Angleo DeRosa, who sailed on the Orsola, arriving in New York March 8, 1882
- Angelo DeRosa, aged 34, who landed in America from Cervino, Italy, in 1892
De rosa Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Donato Derosa, aged 25, who landed in America from Gorgoglione, Italy, in 1912
- Anna DeRosa, aged 17, who settled in America from Casamarciano, Italy, in 1913
- Ambrogio DeRosa, aged 47, who emigrated to the United States from San Quirino, Italy, in 1913
- Anna deRosa, aged 17, who landed in America from Ottaiano, Italy, in 1914
- Antonia DeRosa, aged 19, who emigrated to the United States from Carolei, Italy, in 1915
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name De rosa (post 1700)
- Salvatore "Sal" DeRosa (1931-2014), Italian-born, American soccer coach
- Sal DeRosa, American soccer coach
- David DeRosa (b. 1973), American painter, illustrator and graphic designer
- Anthony "Tony" DeRosa, American character animator
- Stephen DeRosa (b. 1968), American television and theatre actor
- Jon DeRosa (b. 1978), American guitarist, singer-songwriter, and vocalist
- Christina DeRosa (b. 1984), American actress
- Joe DeRosa (b. 1957), American referee for the National Basketball Association
- Vincent DeRosa (b. 1920), American studio musician who played horn for Hollywood soundtracks
- Mark Thomas DeRosa (b. 1975), American Major League Baseball player
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Suggested Readings for the name De rosa
- The Derr Family, 1750-1986: With Allied Families of Baker, Flook, Hoover, Koogle, Long, Metzger, Smith, Templing, Toms, Yaste, and Youtsey by Roy H. Wampler.