Davide History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Italian name Davide was first found in the region of Venice. As a surname, Davide was a patronymic name, created from the personal name David. In honor of the biblical king of this name, version of this name can be found throughout Christian Europe.
Early Origins of the Davide family
The surname Davide was first found in the city of Venice and can be traced back to the 14th century, with Antonio David, an ecclesiastic at the time.
Early History of the Davide family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Davide research. More information is included under the topic Early Davide History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Davide Spelling Variations
Enormous variation in spelling and form characterizes those Italian names that originated in the medieval era. This is caused by two main factors: regional tradition, and inaccuracies in the recording process. Before the last few hundred years, scribes spelled names according to their sounds. Spelling variations were the unsurprising result. The variations of Davide include Davide, David, Davidi, Davidde, Davidico, Dàvid, Davìd, Davit and many more.
Early Notables of the Davide family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Lorenzo Davidico, born in Pavia in 1513, who was an expert in the Greek and Latin languages; members of the David family were counts of Serravalle, a town near Turin. Ludovico Antonio David was a famous 17th century painter in Lugano whose works can...
Another 50 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Davide Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Davide family
Immigrants bearing the name Davide or a variant listed above include:
Contemporary Notables of the name Davide (post 1700) +
- Davide Borin (b. 1989), Italian professional football player
- Davide Marchini (b. 1981), Italian footballer who plays for SPAL in Prima Divisione
- Davide Amadori (b. 1992), Italian footballer who plays as a goalkeeper
- Davide Grassi (b. 1986), Italian professional footballer
- Davide Astori (1987-2018), Italian professional footballer; he died on 4 March 2018 from sudden cardiac arrest at the age of 31
- Davide Luppi (b. 1990), Italian footballer
- Davide Calandra (1856-1915), Italian sculptor and cabinet maker, known for his Monument to Bartolomé Mitre in Buenos Aires
- Davide Manenti (b. 1989), Italian gold medalist sprinter at the 2013 Mediterranean Games
- Davide Ugo Capello (b. 1984), former Italian professional footballer who played from 2003 to 2013
- Davide Sorrenti (1976-1997), Italian fashion photographer, brother of Mario Sorrenti
Related Stories +