Dave History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dave family
The surname Dave was first found in Savoy (French: Savoie) in the Rhône-Alpes region of the French Alps.
Early History of the Dave family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dave research. Another 41 words (3 lines of text) covering the years 1359, 1495, 1552, 1600, 1665, 1688, 1700, 1742, 1767, 1770, 1793, 1810, 1813, 1821, 1830, 1853, 1854, and 1874 are included under the topic Early Dave History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dave Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Daviau, Daviault, Davin, Davion, Daviot, Davis, David, Davy, Daviaud, Davion, Davioud, Davidou, Davin, Davinet, Davinroy, Davet, Davier, Daviel and many more.
Early Notables of the Dave family (pre 1700)
Notable in the family name at this time was Charles David, an architect in Beauvais in 1552; another Charles David was an artist and engraver in Paris en 1600; Louis Edme Davier, born in 1665 in Joigny, was a lawyer at the Parisian Parliament in 1688. Jacques Daviel was a surgeon and was mainly interested in ocular methods, for which he became famous. In 1700 he was named ocular surgeon to King Louis XV. Pierre-Felix-Barthelemy David was Governor of Senegal in 1742; Jacques-Louis David was a very famous painter in Paris in 1770; Jean-Antoine David was a general in Arbois in...
Another 109 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dave Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dave migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dave Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Roger Dave, who landed in Maryland in 1668 
Dave Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- James Dave, who arrived in Virginia in 1787 
Contemporary Notables of the name Dave (post 1700) +
- Kamelsh N. Dave, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Virginia, 2008
- Anil Madhav Dave (1956-2017), Indian politician, Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (2016-2017)
- Ian Dave Hayles (b. 1972), Jamaican politician with the People's National Party
- Dave L. Tandy, American co-founder of Hinckley-Tandy Leather Company in 1919, which later became Tandy Corporation, a family-owned leather goods company who owned Radio Shack from 1963-2000
- Dave Graddon, English Chairman of Ivybridge Town F.C
- Dave Fleming (1944-2020), American CFL football player who played for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (1965-1974)
- Dave Souter (1940-2020), Scottish professional footballer who played in 124 matches
- Dave Broadfoot OC (1925-2016), Canadian award-winning comedian, member of the radio version of the Royal Canadian Air Farce
- Dave Eastgate (b. 1979), Australian actor, stand-up comedian, writer and musician.
- Dave Samuels (1948-2019), American vibraphone and marimba player, known for his work with the contemporary jazz group Spyro Gyra
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)