Dati History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Dati is generally considered to be a Southern Italian name; however the earliest records we could find of the name occured in the north. Dati arose as a surname from several different sources: as a habitational name taken on from any of numerous places named Dattilo; from the personal name Dattilo, which was a form of a the Germanic personal name, Dado, Daddo, Datto etc.; and it was also a patronymic surname using the "D'" prefix meaning "from" to denote ancestry from someone of the personal name Attilio.
Early Origins of the Dati family
The surname Dati was first found in at Pavia, anciently Ticinum a town of Lombardy, and capital of the Province of Pavia. Across the Ticino lies the borough of Borgo Ticino. The town is rich in monuments and art. Charlemagne completely destroyed the Lombards in 774. A Large amount of jealousy arose between Pavia and Milan and by 1056 it had resulted in open war: four centuries of war followed. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Dati family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dati research. Another 109 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1300 and 1429 are included under the topic Early Dati History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dati Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dattilo, Dattila, Dattili, Datta, Dattari, Dati and others.
Early Notables of the Dati family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dati Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dati migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dati Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Pietro Dati, aged 24, who immigrated to America from Camaiore, Italy, in 1908
- Raffaele Dati, aged 16, who landed in America from Massarone, Italy, in 1910
- Luigi Dati, aged 39, who immigrated to the United States from Camaiore, Italy, in 1910
- Albino Dati, aged 25, who immigrated to America from Volpromaro, Italy, in 1911
- Carola Dati, aged 26, who immigrated to the United States from Camaisre, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Dati (post 1700) +
- Rachida Dati (b. 1965), French politician and Member of the European Parliament
Related Stories +