Dary History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Dary family
The surname Dary was first found in Saxony, where since ancient times the family name has been closely associated with the historical developments of the district. Being prominent in social affairs, the Darr family often formed alliances with other notable families during times of turbulence.
Early History of the Dary family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dary research. Another 62 words (4 lines of text) covering the year 1587 is included under the topic Early Dary History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dary Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Darr, Darre, Dare, Dar, Dahr, Dahre, Darret, Darry, Derr, Derre, Dere, Der, Dehr, Derry, Derret, Dehre and many more.
Early Notables of the Dary family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dary Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dary migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dary Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Josua Dary, who settled in Virginia with his wife in 1622
- Josua Dary, who arrived in Virginia in 1622 
- John Dary, who landed in Virginia in 1638 
- Lawrence Dary, who landed in Virginia in 1654 
- Joane Dary, who arrived in Maryland in 1655 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Dary migration to New Zealand +
Emigration to New Zealand followed in the footsteps of the European explorers, such as Captain Cook (1769-70): first came sealers, whalers, missionaries, and traders. By 1838, the British New Zealand Company had begun buying land from the Maori tribes, and selling it to settlers, and, after the Treaty of Waitangi in 1840, many British families set out on the arduous six month journey from Britain to Aotearoa to start a new life. Early immigrants include:
Dary Settlers in New Zealand in the 19th Century
- Mrs. Dary, British settler travelling from London with 2 children aboard the ship "Northfleet" arriving in Auckland, New Zealand, Via Wellington and Lyttleton in February 1854 
Contemporary Notables of the name Dary (post 1700) +
- Dary John Mizelle (b. 1940), American composer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ New Zealand Yesteryears Passenger Lists 1800 to 1900 (Retrieved 17th October 2018). Retrieved from http://www.yesteryears.co.nz/shipping/passlist.html