on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Danz family come from? What is the German Danz family crest and coat of arms? When did the Danz family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Danz family history?The Danz surname was a habitational name, taken on from the place name Danzig, on the Baltic Sea, in present day Poland. As Danzig was a busy port city, the name may have been acquired by merchants who then took the name with them on their travels, as well by people who were born there and moved away.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Danzig, Danziger, Dantzen, Danzer, Danzinger, Dansigger, Dantzig, Dansinger, Danninger, Dantziger and many more.
First found in West Prussia, where the name Danzinger was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Danz research. Another 188 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1707, 1805, and 1852 are included under the topic Early Danz History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Danz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Danz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F Danz, who landed in Valparaiso, Chile in 1850
- Amelia Danz, who landed in New Jersey in 1854
- Carl Danz, aged 18, who emigrated to America, in 1893
- Herm. Danz, aged 16, who settled in America from Dresden, in 1893
Danz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Else Danz, aged 10, who emigrated to the United States from Lanscha, Germany, in 1907
- Anna Danz, aged 5, who landed in America from Lanscha, Germany, in 1907
- Albene Danz, aged 35, who emigrated to the United States from Lanscha, Germany, in 1907
- Alma Danz, aged 20, who settled in America from Coburg, Germany, in 1907
- Louise Danz, aged 7, who landed in America from Lanscha, Germany, in 1907
- George Danz, American Republican politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives, 1921; Mayor of Monroe, Michigan, 1932-33, 1942-45; Appointed 1932; Defeated, 1933, 1940
- Tamara Danz (1952-1996), German lead singer of the rock group Silly
- Johann Traugott Leberecht Danz (1769-1851), German theologian and church historian
- Ingeborg Danz (b. 1961), German mezzo-soprano and alto concert singer
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Journeys German Immigration, Settlement and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
- Schenk, Trudy. Wuerttemberg Emigration Index Volume I-VIII. Salt Lake City: Ancestry Inc., 1986. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
The Danz Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Danz Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 27 October 2015 at 13:48.
on orders of $85 or more