Danz History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Danz surname was a habitational name, taken on from the place name Danzig, on the Baltic Sea, in present day Poland. As Danzig was a busy port city, the name may have been acquired by merchants who then took the name with them on their travels, as well by people who were born there and moved away.
Early Origins of the Danz family
The surname Danz was first found in West Prussia, where the name Danzinger was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Danz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Danz research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1707, 1805, and 1852 are included under the topic Early Danz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Danz Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Danzig, Danziger, Dantzen, Danzer, Danzinger, Dansigger, Dantzig, Dansinger, Danninger, Dantziger and many more.
Early Notables of the Danz family (pre 1700)
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Danz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Danz migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Danz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- F Danz, who landed in Valparaiso, Chile in 1850 
- Amelia Danz, who landed in New Jersey in 1854 
- Carl Danz, aged 18, who immigrated to America, in 1893
- Herm. Danz, aged 16, who settled in America from Dresden, in 1893
Danz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Else Danz, aged 10, who immigrated to the United States from Lanscha, Germany, in 1907
- Anna Danz, aged 5, who landed in America from Lanscha, Germany, in 1907
- Albene Danz, aged 35, who immigrated to the United States from Lanscha, Germany, in 1907
- Alma Danz, aged 20, who settled in America from Coburg, Germany, in 1907
- Louise Danz, aged 7, who landed in America from Lanscha, Germany, in 1907
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Danz (post 1700) +
- George Danz, American Republican politician, Member of Michigan State House of Representatives, 1921; Mayor of Monroe, Michigan, 1932-33, 1942-45; Appointed 1932; Defeated, 1933, 1940 
- Tamara Danz (1952-1996), German lead singer of the rock group Silly
- Johann Traugott Leberecht Danz (1769-1851), German theologian and church historian
- Ingeborg Danz (b. 1961), German mezzo-soprano and alto concert singer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 27) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html