Dantzler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Dantzler surname was a habitational name, taken on from the place name Danzig, on the Baltic Sea, in present day Poland. As Danzig was a busy port city, the name may have been acquired by merchants who then took the name with them on their travels, as well by people who were born there and moved away.
Early Origins of the Dantzler family
The surname Dantzler was first found in West Prussia, where the name Danzinger was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Important Dates for the Dantzler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dantzler research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1707, 1805, and 1852 are included under the topic Early Dantzler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dantzler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Danzig, Danziger, Dantzen, Danzer, Danzinger, Dansigger, Dantzig, Dansinger, Danninger, Dantziger and many more.
Early Notables of the Dantzler family (pre 1700)
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dantzler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dantzler migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dantzler Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrew Dantzler, aged 20, who immigrated to the United States, in 1920
- Andrew G Dantzler, aged 21, who landed in America, in 1921
Contemporary Notables of the name Dantzler (post 1700)
- L.N. Dantzler, American founder of the L.N. Dantzler Lumber Company, a small sawmill in Moss Point, Mississippi in 1888
- Rick Dantzler (b. 1956), American politician from Florida, Democratic Party nominee for Lieutenant Governor of Florida in 1998
- Woodrow "Woody" Dantzler (b. 1979), American football quarterback, running back, safety and return specialist who played from 2002 to 2010, he holds 53 Clemson football records
- Billie Dantzler (b. 1963), American professional baseball player
- Connor Dantzler (b. 1994), accomplished American amateur athlete
- Thomas C. Dantzler, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Harvey, Illinois, 2007 
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 27) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html