on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the German Dammann family come from? What is the German Dammann family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dammann family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dammann family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Damann, Dammann, Daman, Dammann, Damm and others.
First found in Oldenburg, where the name emerged in mediaeval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century on the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the German nation.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dammann research. Another 169 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1540 and 1), are included under the topic Early Dammann History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dammann Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dammann Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elizth Dammann, aged 25, arrived in Pennsylvania in 1787
Dammann Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Heinr Dammann, aged 28, landed in New Orleans, La in 1845
- Carl Dammann, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1846
- William Henry "Wee Willie" Dammann (1872-1948), American Major League Baseball pitcher who played for the Cincinnati Reds 1897-1899
- Thomas Dammann, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 1956
- Theodore Dammann (b. 1869), American politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wisconsin, 1920, 1932; Secretary of State of Wisconsin, 1927-39
- Charlotte Dammann, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Virginia, 2004
- Gerhard Dammann (1883-1946), German film actor active 1928 to 1943
- Dirk Dammann (b. 1967), German former professional footballer
- Erik Dammann (b. 1931), Norwegian author, environmentalist and government scholar
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Tobler-Meyer, Wilhelm. Familiennamen der Ostschweiz. Zürich: 1894. Print.
The Dammann Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dammann Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 December 2015 at 11:05.
on orders of $85 or more