Dahm History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dahm family
The surname Dahm was first found in Belgium, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in West Flanders, a province in Belgium, originally Bruges. Within this province the notable towns are Bruges, the capital city, Ostend, Courtrai, Furnes, Thielt, Ypres and Roulers. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family.
Early History of the Dahm family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dahm research. Another 75 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1705 and 1842 are included under the topic Early Dahm History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dahm Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Daem, Daems, Daen, Daendels, Daens, Daemer, Daemen, Daemeler, Daenlen, Daenfeld, Daenemann, Dame, Dahm and many more.
Early Notables of the Dahm family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dahm Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dahm migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dahm Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johannes Dahm, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1766 
Dahm Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anton Dahm, who landed in St Clair County, Illinois in 1860 
Contemporary Notables of the name Dahm (post 1700) +
- Nathan Dahm, American politician, Member of the Oklahoma Senate (2012)
- Nicole Erica, and Jaclyn Dahm (b. 1977), American identical triplet models
- Richard "Rich" Dahm, American Primetime Emmy Award winning comedy writer, co-executive producer and head writer for The Colbert Report
- James H. Dahm, American politician, Delegate to New York State Constitutional Convention 5th District, 1915 
- Chris Dahm, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Arizona, 2008 
- Sebastian Dahm (b. 1987), Danish professional ice hockey goaltender
- Johannes Daniel Dahm (b. 1969), German geographer, ecologist, activist and consultant
- Jan Dahm (1921-2013), Norwegian resistance member during World War II
- Werner Karl Dahm (1917-2008), German spaceflight scientist who emigrated to America under Operation Paperclip and was later the Marshall Space Flight Center Chief Aerodynamicis
- Helen Dahm (1878-1968), Swiss artist and a follower of the expressionist movement
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html