Dagenhart History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Dagenhart family
The surname Dagenhart was first found in Hessen, where the name was closely identified in the early period of history with the feudal society which would become prominent throughout Europe. The name would later emerge as an influential noble family, having many distinguished branches, and well known for its involvement in social, economic and political affairs. The name was first recorded with estates at Frankfort and part of the nobility in the 13th century.
Early History of the Dagenhart family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dagenhart research. Another 64 words (5 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dagenhart History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dagenhart Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Degenhart, Deigenhart, Degnhart, Dagenhart, Degnhardt and many more.
Early Notables of the Dagenhart family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Dagenhart Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Dagenhart migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dagenhart Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- John Dagenhart, who settled in America in 1765
- Christian Dagenhart, who settled in Frederick Co, Maryland in 1795
- Christian Dagenhart, who arrived in Frederick County, Maryland in 1795 
Dagenhart Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Henry Dagenhart, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840 
- Henry Dagenhart, who settled in Allegheny Co, Pennsylvania in 1840
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)