100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Dagenais family come from? What is the French Dagenais family crest and coat of arms? When did the Dagenais family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Dagenais family history?Noble surnames, such as Dagenais, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the French people. The original bearer of the name Dagenais, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful Guyenne region of France. In France, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Dagenais family originally lived in Guyenne, where the family was established in early times.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dagenais, Dagenet, Dagenez, d'Agenais and others.
First found in Guyenne, where the family was established in early times.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Dagenais research. Another 189 words(14 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Dagenais History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Dagenais Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Dagenais Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Louis-Basile Dagenais, born in 1738, married Françoise Quenneville in Sault-au-Récollet in 1757
Dagenais Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Romeo Dagenais, aged 20, who emigrated to America, in 1905
- Adelard Dagenais, aged 26, who emigrated to the United States from Nantef, France, in 1916
- Agusta Dagenais, aged 49, who settled in America from Haut-Rhin, France, in 1920
Dagenais Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Pierre Dagenais, originally from Saint-Sauveur de la Rochelle in Aunis, the son of Arnaud and of Andrée Poulet, who married Anne Brandon in Montreal in 1665. Pierre was a tailor in Montreal, as was he a cultivator of the land which he had obtained
Dagenais Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- François-Marie Dagenais, born in 1710, married Marie-Charlotte Vanier in Sault-au-Récollet, Quebec, in 1739
Dagenais Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Cloris Dagenais, aged 37, who settled in Montreal, Canada, in 1913
- Eva Dagenais, aged 36, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1920
- Todd Dagenais, American college volleyball coach, former player, and author
- Camille A Dagenais CC OQ (b. 1920), Canadian engineer and former President of the SNC-Lavalin
- Ric Dagenais, Canadian politician in Ontario
- Magloire Dagenais, Canadian solicitor in Montreal from 1890 to 1921
- Marcel Gilles Dagenais, Canadian economist in Verdun, Quebec
- Pierre Dagenais (b. 1978), Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Jean-François Dagenais (b. 1975), Canadian record producer, recording engineer, mixer, guitarist, and songwriter
- Jean-Guy Dagenais (b. 1950), Canadian politician,Senator for Victoria, Quebec (2012-)
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
The Dagenais Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Dagenais Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 17 November 2014 at 17:09.
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- no headaches!