D'onofrio History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The D'onofrio surname comes from the Italian personal name Onofrio, which is derived from the Latin Onnuphrius. It became a popular Christian name, mainly in Southern Italy due to St. Onofrio, a 5th-century Egyptian martyr.
Early Origins of the D'onofrio family
The surname D'onofrio was first found in Emilia. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the D'onofrio family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our D'onofrio research. Another 115 words (8 lines of text) are included under the topic Early D'onofrio History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
D'onofrio Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: D'Onofrio, D'Onofri, Nofri, Noferi, Noferini, Onofrio and many more.
Early Notables of the D'onofrio family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early D'onofrio Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name D'onofrio is the 6,766th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
D'onofrio migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
D'onofrio Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Luigi Donofrio, who settled in Ashtabula Co. OH sometime between 1875 and 1906
Contemporary Notables of the name D'onofrio (post 1700) +
- Vincent Philip d'Onofrio (b. 1959), American actor, director, producer, writer, and singer, known for his roles as Edgar/the Bug in Men in Black, Detective Robert Goren in Law & Order: Criminal Intent and most recently as Wilson Fisk in the Netflix series Daredevil
- Mark Emil D'Onofrio (b. 1969), American college football coach and former professional player
- Heather Daly Donofrio (b. 1969), American professional golfer
- Nicholas M. Donofrio (b. 1945), Executive Vice President of Innovation and Technology at the IBM Corporation until 2008
- Beverly Donofrio (b. 1950), American author
- Carl J. D'Onofrio, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for New York, 1956 
- Denis D'Onofrio (b. 1989), Italian professional football player
- Elizabeth D'Onofrio (b. 1957), film producer, actress, and acting coach, brother of Vincent d'Onofrio
- Pietro D'Onofrio, Peruvian founder of D'Onofrio in 1859 which produces confectionery products, now a subsidiary of Nestlé
- Dominique D'Onofrio (b. 1953), Italo-Belgian football coach
Related Stories +