D'aoust History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The D'aoust family name is thought to be derived from a place name in L'Ile de France. The original bearer of the name D'aoust, probably lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful Ile de France region.
Early Origins of the D'aoust family
The surname D'aoust was first found in Ile-de-France.
Early History of the D'aoust family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our D'aoust research. More information is included under the topic Early D'aoust History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
D'aoust Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Daou, Daout, Daoût, Davous, Daoust, Davoust and many more.
Early Notables of the D'aoust family (pre 1700)
Notable amongst the family was the Picardy branch, who were elevated to the nobility in 1454 as the Seigneurs of Jumelles. Later they were raised to the title of the Marquis de Jumelles, and thence to the Marquis d'Aoust in 1739. From the L'Ile de France branch, notable bearers of the name include François-Alexis Davoust, who was prior of Saint-Ouen-du-Breuil in 1727; Pierre-Louis Davous of Versailles, who was a member of the Parisian Municipality and was elected assessor to the court of the city of Paris; Jean Davoust, who entered the foreign missions of...
Another 93 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early D'aoust Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
D'aoust migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
D'aoust Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Guillaume Daoust was married in 1686 in Lachine, Quebec
- Guillaume Daoust, son of Nicolas and Jeanne, who married Marie-Madeleine De Lalonde, daughter of Jean and Marie, in Lachine, Quebec on 18th February 1686 
D'aoust Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Anne Daoust was married in 1715 in Pointe-Claire, Quebec
- Guillaume Daoust, son of Guillaume and Marie-Madeleine, who married Élisabeth Pilon, daughter of Antoine and Marie-Anne, in Pointe-Claire, Quebec on 7th January 1715 
- Charles Daoust, son of Guillaume and Madeleine, who married Marie-Angélique Dauvé, daughter of Pierre and Marie-Renée, in Quebec on 3rd December 1723 
- Madeleine Daoust was married in 1725 in Pointe-Claire, Quebec
- Louis Daoust, son of Guillaume and Marie-Madeleine, who married Marie-Renée Miguet, daughter of Silvain and Marie, in Bout-de-l'île, Quebec on 23rd November 1733 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name D'aoust (post 1700) +
- Pamela Daoust, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Toledo, Ohio, 1975 
- J. Harold Daoust, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Hampshire, 1972 
- A. Thomas Daoust, American Republican politician, Delegate to Michigan State Constitutional Convention from Wayne County 21st District, 1961 ; Candidate in primary for Michigan State Senate 18th District, 1962 
- Eustache Charles Joseph d'Aoust, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- Fernand Daoust (1926-2020), Canadian trade unionist in Quebec, Secretary General of the Fédération des travailleurs et travailleuses du Québec from 1969 to 1991
- Jacques Daoust (1948-2017), Canadian politician, Member of the National Assembly of Quebec for Verdun (2014-2016)
- Jean-Michel Daoust (b. 1983), Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Charles Daoust (1825-1868), Lower Canada lawyer, journalist and politician
- Yves Daoust (b. 1946), Canadian composer
- Sylvia Daoust (1902-2004), one of the first Canadian female sculptors in Quebec
- ... (Another 2 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +