D'alessandro History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
People in Italy were originally known only by a single name, but it became necessary for people to adopt a second name, or surname to identify themselves as populations grew and travel became more frequent. The process of adopting fixed hereditary surnames in Italy began in the 10th and 11th centuries. The surname D'alessandro was derived from the Italian personal name Alessandro.
Early Origins of the D'alessandro family
The surname D'alessandro was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the D'alessandro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our D'alessandro research. Another 110 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1516, 1187, 1455, 1503 and 1657 are included under the topic Early D'alessandro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
D'alessandro Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Di Sandro, Sandra, Sandras, Sandre, Sandrolini, Sandron, Sandrone, Alessandro, Alessandra, Lassandro, Lassandra, Assandro and many more.
Early Notables of the D'alessandro family (pre 1700)
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early D'alessandro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
D'alessandro migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
D'alessandro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Alessandro D'Alessandro, aged 17, who immigrated to the United States from Cassino, Italy, in 1909
- Addolorata D'Alessandro, aged 29, who settled in America from Cattelveccha, Italy, in 1910
- Adelina D'Alessandro, aged 26, who landed in America from Castelpintano, Italy, in 1911
- Agostino D'Alessandro, aged 19, who immigrated to the United States from Pignataro, Italy, in 1921
- Alcide D'Alessandro, aged 19, who settled in America from Tortoreto, Italy, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name D'alessandro (post 1700)
- Robert J. Dalessandro (b. 1958), American historian and author
- Jacquie D'Alessandro, American romantic fiction author
- James Dalessandro (b. 1948), American writer
- Franco D'Alessandro (b. 1967), American playwright
- Matteo D'Alessandro (b. 1989), Italian professional football player
- Dominic D’Alessandro (b. 1947), Canadian President and current CEO of Manulife Financial
- Andrés Nicolás D'Alessandro (b. 1981), Argentine left-footed footballer
Historic Events for the D'alessandro family
Flight TWA 800
- Miss. Anna D'Alessandro (1971-1996), aged 25, from Palo del Colle, Italy, Italian passenger flying aboard flight TWA 800 with her husband Giuseppe Mercurio from J.F.K. Airport, New York to Leonardo da Vinci Airport, Rome when the plane crashed after takeoff ; she died in the crash 
- ^ The Washington Post Passenger List TWA Flight 800. (Retrieved 2018, February 15th). Retrieved from https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/national/longterm/twa800/list01.htm