Cunha History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Cunha family
The surname Cunha was first found in the Rhineland, where this family was a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always influential in social affairs, the name Kunheim became an integral part of that turbulent region as it forged alliances with other families within the region and the nation.
Important Dates for the Cunha family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cunha research. Another 100 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1798 is included under the topic Early Cunha History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cunha Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kunheim, Kunnheim, Kunhheim, Kunheime, Kunheimes, Kunheims, Kunheimm, Kunheimme, Kunheimms, Cunhime, Cunheim, Gunheim and many more.
Early Notables of the Cunha family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Cunha Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cunha migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cunha Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Isaac Mendes Cunha, who arrived in Jamaica in 1743 
- Rachel Henriques Cunha, who arrived in Jamaica in 1749 
Contemporary Notables of the name Cunha (post 1700)
- George David Cunha (b. 1911), American author and air force officer in Providence, Rhode Island
- Euclides Rodrigues Pimenta da Cunha (1866-1909), Brazilian writer
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)