Cullimore History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Cullimore family
The surname Cullimore was first found in Shropshire at Colemore, a parish, in the union of Petersfield, hundred of Barton-Stacey. "This parish, noticed in the Domesday Survey and other records under the name of Colmere, is supposed to have derived that appellation from the situation of the greater portion of it, formerly, near the western mere or boundary of the ancient forest of Wolmer, where great quantities of charcoal were made." 
It is here that we found the first record of the family. Hugo de Lacy de Colemere was listed in the Cartulary of Haughmond Abbey in Shropshire in 1155. A few years later, Peter de Colemere was canon of the Chichester church (1198-1199) and the Antiquities of Shropshire listed Peter de Colemere, as living in Montgomery Castle in 1227. The Calendar of Patent Rolls in 1235 listed John de Colemere, as Chamberlain of London.
Early History of the Cullimore family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cullimore research. Another 183 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1510, 1600, 1080, 1163, 1141, 1445, 1559, 1100, 1167, 1563, 1153, 1168, 1397, 1540, 1455, 1487 and 1604 are included under the topic Early Cullimore History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cullimore Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Callamore, Colamore, Colimer, Colimore, Collimore, Collamour, Colamour, Collimer, Collimer, Collemore, Colemore, Collimour, Colmore, Collemore, Colmere, Colmare, Colemare, Collemoor, Colemoor, Colamoor, Colemere, Collymor, Collymore, Collymoor, Colymore, Colymoor, Colmor, Collmor, Colmer, Colmore and many more.
Early Notables of the Cullimore family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Cullimore Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Cullimore family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Isaac Colamore landed in Boston in 1643; Grace, Mary, and Mathew Cullamore all arrived in Nova Scotia in 1750; Thomas Cullamore settled in Maryland in 1637..
Contemporary Notables of the name Cullimore (post 1700) +
- William B. Cullimore, American politician, U.S. Attorney for New Hampshire, 1972-73 
- Lloyd L. Cullimore (1895-1986), American politician, Mayor of Provo, Utah, 1959-61 
- Allan R. Cullimore (b. 1884), American politician, Delegate to New Jersey State Constitutional Convention from Essex County, 1947 
- Isaac Cullimore (1791-1852), Irish Egyptologist who devoted his whole life to the study of Egyptian antiquities, one of the first Orientalists who made use of astronomy and astronomical inquiries to fix important dates in ancient history 
Related Stories +
- ^ Lewis, Samuel, A Topographical Dictionary of England. Institute of Historical Research, 1848, Print.
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 26) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Wikisource contributors. "Dictionary of National Biography, 1885-1900." Wikisource . Wikisource , 4 Jun. 2018. Web. 30 June 2020