Cuesta History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The noble Spanish surname Cuesta is local in origin, as it is derived from the place where the original bearer lived or once held land. The name Cuesta, is derived from a place name found at various locations throughout Spain, and denotes a slope or hill. The family name Cuesta, therefore, signifies simply "of or from Cuesta."
Early Origins of the Cuesta family
The surname Cuesta was first found in the Castilian province of Santander, in the district of Vecilla. However, evidence shows that the Cuesta family was also present in the regions of Leon, Aragon and their surrounding provinces.
Important Dates for the Cuesta family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cuesta research. Another 94 words (7 lines of text) covering the year 1824 is included under the topic Early Cuesta History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cuesta Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cuestas, Cueto, Cuesta and others.
Early Notables of the Cuesta family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cuesta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cuesta migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cuesta Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Sebastian DeLa Cuesta, who landed in America in 1817 
- Alonso DeLa Cuesta, who arrived in America in 1828 
- Antonio Cuesta, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1842 
- Robert Cuesta, who landed in San Francisco, California in 1851 
- Manuel Cuesta, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Cuesta (post 1700)
- Michael Cuesta (b. 1963), American film and television director
- Henry Falcon Cuesta (1931-2003), American musician who was a member of The Lawrence Welk Show
- Raimundo Fernández- Cuesta y Merelo (1897-1992), Spanish politician
- Íñigo Cuesta López de Castro (b. 1969), former Spanish professional road bicycle racer
- Gregorio García de la Cuesta y Fernández deCelis (1741-1811), prominent Spanish general of the Peninsular War
- Jorge Mateo Cuesta Porte-Petit (1903-1942), Mexican chemist and writer
- Yamith Cuesta (b. 1989), Colombian footballer
- Alfonso Cuesta y Cuesta (b. 1912), novelist and critic in Ecuador
- Ildefonso Cuesta Garrigós (b. 1900), Spanish political economist
- Norberto Cuesta Dutari (b. 1907), Spanish mathematician
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)