Cucci History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The surname Cucci came from the personal name Cicco, which is found in southern Italy and the Venetian region as a popular and affectionate form of the name Francesco.
Early Origins of the Cucci family
The surname Cucci was first found in Perugia (Latin: Perusia), the capital city of the region of Umbria in central Italy, crossed by the Tiber River, capital of the province of Perugia. Perusia took part in a rebellion in 295 B.C. and was reduced with the exceptions of the temples Vulcan and Juno. In the 9th century A.D. the city was a papal territory but remained true to the Guelphs. In the 15th century it was the center of the Baglioni family. It was visited by earthquakes in 1832,38 and 1854. It was united to Piedmont in 1860 under the Kingdom of Italy. The city is rich in churches, museums and galleries. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Cucci family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cucci research. Another 143 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1053, 1700, and 1806 are included under the topic Early Cucci History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cucci Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cicci, Cichi, Cicco, Cicchi, Ciccolo, Cicchitto, Cicchino, Cicchetto, Cicchello, D'Accico, Daccico and many more.
Early Notables of the Cucci family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Cucci Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cucci migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cucci Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Giovanni Cucci, who settled in Dallas Co., TX in 1891
Cucci Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Ginvanne Cucci, who settled in Ashtabula Co., OH sometime between 1875 and 1906
- Mary Battagliotti Cucci, who settled in Illinois sometime between 1907 and 1954
Contemporary Notables of the name Cucci (post 1700) +
- Anthony R. Cucci (1922-2015), American educator and Democratic party politician who served as the 40th Mayor of Jersey City
- Anthony R. Cucci (b. 1923), American politician, Mayor of Jersey City, New Jersey, 1985-89; Defeated, 1989 
- Albert J. Cucci, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New Jersey, 1964 
Related Stories +