Early Origins of the Crisafulli family
The surname Crisafulli was first found in Sardinia (Italian: Sardegna, Sardinian: Sardigna), the second largest island in the Mediterranean Sea. The original inhabitants were Sicels. The Greeks colonized in 735 B.C. Phoenician settlements began in 6th century. Carthaginians arrived 410. Romans
arrived, then the Saracens. Then the Norman Conquest
said to be Sicily's brightest hour, 1057 A.D and taking 35 years. They made Sicilians the leading Maritimes power in the Mediterranean, and King Roger of Sicily
one of the greatest Kings in Europe. From Sicily
they invaded Greece. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Crisafulli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Crisafulli research.Another 233 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1792, 1795 and 1820 are included under the topic Early Crisafulli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Crisafulli Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Crisafuli, Cristafoli, Crisaculi, Cristacouli, Cristafulli, Crisaculini, Crisofalus, Cristofolini and many more.
Early Notables of the Crisafulli family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Crisafulli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Crisafulli family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Crisafulli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Antonino Crisafulli, aged 26, who landed in America from Messina, in 1906
- Agostino Crisafulli, aged 23, who emigrated to the United States from Castroreale, Sicily, in 1907
- Antonino Crisafulli, aged 37, who emigrated to the United States from Furnari, Italy, in 1907
- Angelo Crisafulli, aged 31, who emigrated to the United States from Roccalamene, Messina, Italy, in 1909
- Anophio Crisafulli, aged 24, who emigrated to America from Italy, in 1910
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Crisafulli (post 1700)
- Steve Crisafulli (b. 1971), American politician and businessman, Republican member of the Florida House of Representatives
- David Frank Crisafulli (b. 1979), Australian Liberal National politician, Minister for Local Government of Queensland (2012)