Cozzi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Cozzi family
The surname Cozzi was first found in Milan (Italian: Milano, Milanese: Milan), the second-most populous city in Italy and the capital of Lombardy
. The two palaces in the Piazza del Duomo, Palazzo Reale and the palace of the archbishops are notable. The city is rich in art, museums, galleries and sights. Castello Sforzesco stands in the Parco. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Cozzi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cozzi research.Another 155 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1605, 1682, 1654 and 1729 are included under the topic Early Cozzi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cozzi Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Cozzi family (pre 1700)
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cozzi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Cozzi family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Luigi Cozza, who arrived in Allegheny Co., PA in 1905.
Contemporary Notables of the name Cozzi (post 1700)
- Robert A. Cozzi Jr., American Democrat politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Illinois 14th District, 1998 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 27) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Ilario Cozzi (b. 1959), retired Italian professional football player
- Paolo Cozzi (b. 1980), Italian volleyball player who won the silver medal with the men's national team at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Luigi Cozzi (b. 1947), Italian movie director and screenwriter
- Julio Adolfo Cozzi (b. 1922), former Argentine football goalkeeper who won the Copa América 1947
Cozzi Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 27) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html