on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Portuguese
The surname Correia was first found in Castile
, in north central Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Correa, Corea, Correas, Correaz, Coreas, Coreaz, Correass Coreazz, Coria and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Correia research. Another 261 words (19 lines of text) covering the years 1472, 1646, 1716, 1750 and 1823 are included under the topic Early Correia History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 57 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Correia Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Correia Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Mauricia Correia, aged 65, who emigrated to the United States, in 1902
- Antonio de Souza Correia, aged 8, who landed in America from Augra, Terceira, Portugal, in 1909
- Alfonso Nunes Correia, aged 28, who landed in America from Oliva Hospal, Portugal, in 1916
- Antonio Correia, aged 34, who emigrated to America from B. Aires, Argentina, in 1916
- Antonio Correia, aged 30, who landed in America, in 1917
- Amy Correia (b. 1968), American singer and songwriter
- Larry Correia (b. 1977), American New York Times bestselling fantasy novelist, best known for his Monster Hunters series
- Maritza Correia (b. 1981), American five-time gold, three-time silver and bronze medalist swimmer
- Kevin John Correia (b. 1980), American Major League Baseball pitcher for the Minnesota Twins
- António Mendes Correia (1888-1960), Portuguese anthropologist, physician and scientist
- Adriano Correia Claro (b. 1984), known simply Adriano, a Brazilian professional footballer
- Marcel Correia (b. 1989), German-born Portuguese footballer
- João Gonçalves Correia (b. 1979), Portuguese rugby union player
- António Jesus Correia (1924-2003), Portuguese footballer
- Eraldo Correia Ribeiro (b. 1956), retired Brazilian football player
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Heraldic Patronimica Española Y Sus Patronimicos Compuestos. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1976. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Correia Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Correia Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 May 2016 at 11:53.
on orders of $85 or more