Colon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Colon family
The surname Colon was first found in Valencia, on Spain's Mediterranean coast.
Early History of the Colon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Colon research. Another 235 words (17 lines of text) covering the years 1094, 1099, 1102, 1238, 1691, 1492, 1492, 1651, 1710, 1675, 1679, 1680, 1696, 1701, 1706 and 1708 are included under the topic Early Colon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Colon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Colom, Colomer, Colombe, Colomb, Colomi, Colomo, Colomé, Coloma, Colomas, Colombi, Colomina, Colominas, Colombara, Colombare, Colombaro and many more.
Early Notables of the Colon family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Cristóbal Colón (Christoper Columbus), the famed navigator and discoverer of the Americas in 1492; and Pedro Manuel Colón de Portugal, 7th Duke of...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Colon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Colon migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Colon Settlers in United States in the 16th Century
- Nicasio Colon, who arrived in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1535
Colon Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Nicholas Colon, aged 19, who arrived in Barbados in 1635 
- William Colon, who arrived in Virginia in 1665 
- Michael Colon, who landed in Maryland in 1682 
Colon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Patrick Colon, aged 22, who landed in America in 1822 
- Nicasio Colon, who arrived in Nombre de Dios, Panama in 1835 
- Martin Colon, aged 34, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1851 
- Martin Colon who arrived in New Orleans in 1851
- Juan Ramon Colon who settled in Puerto Rico in 1860
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Colon (post 1700) +
- Rafael Hernández Colón (b. 1936), American politician, Member of Puerto Rico senate, 1969-72; Governor of Puerto Rico, 1973-77, 1985-93 
- Willie Colon (b. 1983), American football offensive guard for the New York Jets
- Luis Alfredo Colón (b. 1916), American lawyer and politician, New York State senator
- Ismael Amador Colón (b. 1894), American chemist
- Carlos Edwin Colon Sr. (b. 1948), American professional wrestler from Puerto Rico
- Luisette Cabañas Colon, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Puerto Rico, 2004, 2008; Puerto Rico Democratic Party vice-chair, 2008 
- José E. Colón, Puerto Rican politician, acting Governor of Puerto Rico in 1939
- Míriam Colón (1936-2017), Puerto Rican actress
- William Anthony Colon (b. 1950), Puerto Rican salsa music icon
- Bartolo Colon (b. 1973), Major League Baseball starting pitcher from Dominican Republic
Related Stories +
Suggested Readings for the name Colon +
- 287 "The Ancestry and Descendants of Christopher Columbus" by Charles Maduell.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, May 19) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 11) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html