Coletta History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Coletta family
The surname Coletta was first found in Tuscany (Italian: Toscana), a region in central Italy. It has nine provinces. Universities are Florence, Pisa and Siena. Home of the Medici they returned to Tuscany in 1530 where they held until 1737. Francis was elected emperor in 1745 and Leopold I succeeded, down to Ferdinand III in 1793. In 1799 it was sacked by a French revolutionary force and remained French until 1847. In 1861 it joined the Kingdom of Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Coletta family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Coletta research. Another 118 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1550, 1742, and 1754 are included under the topic Early Coletta History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Coletta Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coletti, Colletti, Coleti, Colleti, Colettis, Coletis, Couletti, Cuoletti and many more.
Early Notables of the Coletta family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Coletta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Coletta migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Coletta Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelamaria Coletta, aged 22, who arrived in America from Montefalcone, Italy, in 1907
- Angelo Coletta, aged 18, who arrived in America from Conversano, Italy, in 1910
- Alfonso Coletta, aged 29, who arrived in America from Paupiso, Italy, in 1910
- Ambrogio Coletta, aged 25, who arrived in America from Ferentino, Italy, in 1910
- Angielamaria Coletta, aged 51, who arrived in America from Picerno, Italy, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Coletta (post 1700) +
- Carol Coletta, American director of ArtPlace
- Christopher Michael "Chris" Coletta (b. 1944), American retired Major League Baseball player who played one season for the California Angels in 1972
- John Coletta (1932-2006), English music manager and music producer who managed Deep Purple, Whitesnake, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and Praying Mantis
Related Stories +