Colberg History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Colberg family
The surname Colberg was first found in Prussia, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Kolbe became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Colberg family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Colberg research. Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1786 and 1818 are included under the topic Early Colberg History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Colberg Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kolbe, Koelbe, Kolb, Colb, Colbe, Gollbe, Golbe and others.
Early Notables of the Colberg family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Colberg Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Colberg migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Colberg Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- George Colberg, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1840 
Contemporary Notables of the name Colberg (post 1700) +
- Talis James Colberg (b. 1958), American 17th Attorney General of Alaska (2006-)
- Frederick "Fred" William Colberg (1900-1965), American bronze medalist welterweight boxer at the 1920 Summer Olympics
- Dr. Rebekah Colberg (1918-1995), Puerto Rican three-time gold medalist sportswoman, known as "The Mother of Women's Sports in Puerto Rico"
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)