on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Coca family come from? What is the Spanish Coca family crest and coat of arms? When did the Coca family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Coca family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Coca, Cocca, Cocas, Coccas, Cocaz, Coccaz, Cocaa, Cocaas and many more.
First found in Andalucia, in southern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Coca research. Another 151 words(11 lines of text) covering the years 1271 and 1330 are included under the topic Early Coca History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Coca Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
- Gabriel De Coca who arrived in New Spain in 1588
- Alonso De Coca who immigrated to Peru in 1592
- Francisco de Coca arrived in Peru in 1593
Coca Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bernardo Coca, a Spanish soldier, who came to New Orleans in 1829
- Bernardo Coca, aged 34, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Sebastian De Coca, who arrived in America in 1834
- Joaquin Coca, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1868
- Joaquin Coca Jimenez who settled in Puerto Rico in 1868
- Imogene Coca (1908-2001), American actress and comedienne
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Diez, Ma Del Carmen Galbis. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias Durante los siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Archivo General de Indias Sevilla Volume 6. Murcia, Spain: Ministerio de Cultura, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Coca Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Coca Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 November 2014 at 09:28.
on orders of $85 or more