Cirelli History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Cirelli family
The surname Cirelli was first found in Calabria a territorial district of Italy. Ancient Calabria was in Lecce. Modern Calabria is in the southern extremity of Italy coasting the straits of Messina. Reggio and Messina are the cities of note. This beautiful region produces wine. Olive oil and fruit. Reggio was heavily bombed during WWII because of its strategical link with Sicily. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Cirelli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cirelli research. Another 99 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1479, 1591, 1736 and 1800 are included under the topic Early Cirelli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cirelli Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Ciralo, Ceraulo, Ceravolo, Ciraola, Ciravolo, Ciaravolo, Ceraulo, Ceravolo, Cerioli and many more.
Early Notables of the Cirelli family (pre 1700)
By the end of the 15th century, southern Italy was known as the Kingdom of Naples, ruled by the house of Aragon. By the early eighteenth century, the Austrians had gained much of the region, under the rule of the Austrian emperor Kales VI. However, in 1734, Spaniard Don Carlos defeated the Austrians, and the region came under Spanish rule once more. In 1799, the French invaded Naples and in 1806, Napoleon's brother Joseph was made king, but this hold on Italy was not to last. In 1813 the...
Another 88 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cirelli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Cirelli migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cirelli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Luigi Cirelli, aged 38, originally from Campola, Italy, who arrived in New York in 1920 aboard the ship "Taormina" from Napoli, Italy 
- Pasquale Cirelli, aged 38, originally from Sora, Italy, who arrived in New York in 1920 aboard the ship "Dante Alighieri" from Napoli, Italy 
- Domenico Cirelli, aged 28, originally from Schiavi, Italy, who arrived in New York in 1920 aboard the ship "Argentina" from Napoli, Italy 
- Gaetano Cirelli, aged 41, originally from Apricena, Italy, who arrived in New York in 1920 aboard the ship "America" from Napoli, Italy 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Cirelli (post 1700) ||+|
- Mary Cirelli, American politician, former member of the Ohio House of Representatives, representing the 52nd District (2001-2004)
- Henri Cirelli (1934-2021), Luxembourger footballer who played as a midfielder
- Juan Marcelo Cirelli (b. 1984), Argentine football defender