Cifuentes History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Cifuentes, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Cifuentes, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. Many Spanish local names reflect Arabic words or place-names because Spain was conquered by the Muslim Moors from the 8th to 12th centuries.The Cifuentes family originally lived in the region of Fuentes which is a place-name that means fountains.
Early Origins of the Cifuentes family
The surname Cifuentes was first found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of the Middle Ages.
Early History of the Cifuentes family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cifuentes research. Another 113 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1185, 1576, 1680 and 1640 are included under the topic Early Cifuentes History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cifuentes Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Fuentes, Fuente, de la Fuente, Fuentecilla, Fuéntez, Fuentez, Font, Fonte, Fontes, Fontecilla, Fontana, Fontano, Fontanal, Fontanales, Fontanals, Fontanella, Fontanet, Fontanillos and many more.
Early Notables of the Cifuentes family (pre 1700)
Notable bearers of the family name Cifuentes were Juan Pedro Fontanella (1576-1680), a Catalan judge and advocate, co-instigator of the Catalan Revolt of 1640; seventeenth century Spanish navigator Bartolomé Fuentes; seventeenth century Catalan lawyer and politician Joan Pere...
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cifuentes Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Cifuentes is the 10,792nd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Cifuentes migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cifuentes Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Diego De Cifuentes, who landed in America in 1815 
- Lorenzo De Cifuentes, who landed in America in 1826 
- Cristobal De Cifuentes, who arrived in America in 1827 
- Pedro De Cifuentes, who arrived in America in 1834 
- Pedro Cifuentes, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1898 
Contemporary Notables of the name Cifuentes (post 1700) +
- Alvaro Cifuentes, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Maryland, 2000, 2004, 2008; Member of Democratic National Committee from Maryland, 2004-08 
- Miguel Venegas Cifuentes (b. 1908), Chilean architect
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 17) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html