on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Churnside family come from? What is the English Churnside family crest and coat of arms? When did the Churnside family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Churnside family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Churnside, Chirnside, Chyrnside, Chirnseed, Chirnsede and many more.
First found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Churnside research. Another 273 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1250, 1391, 1469, 1593, 1597, 1565 and 1660 are included under the topic Early Churnside History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Churnside Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Churnside Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John and Edward Churnside who settled in Newcastle county Delaware in 1840
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- Bede, The Venerable. Historia Ecclesiatica Gentis Anglorum (The Ecclesiastical History Of the English People). Available through Internet Medieval Sourcebook the Fordham University Centre for Medieval Studies. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Bardsley, C.W. A Dictionary of English and Welsh Surnames: With Special American Instances. Wiltshire: Heraldry Today, 1901. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-44-6).
- Skordas, Guest. Ed. The Early Settlers of Maryland an Index to Names or Immigrants Complied from Records of Land Patents 1633-1680 in the Hall of Records Annapolis, Maryland. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1968. Print.
- Ingram, Rev. James. Translator Anglo-Saxon Chronicle 1823. Print.
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Leeson, Francis L. Dictionary of British Peerages. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-1121-5).
The Churnside Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Churnside Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 November 2014 at 14:47.
houseofnames.com is an internet property owned by Swyrich Corporation.
on orders of $85 or more