on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the English Churnside family come from? What is the English Churnside family crest and coat of arms? When did the Churnside family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Churnside family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Churnside, Chirnside, Chyrnside, Chirnseed, Chirnsede and many more.
First found in Berwickshire where they held a family seat from very ancient times, some say well before the Norman Conquest and the arrival of Duke William at Hastings in 1066 A.D.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Churnside research. Another 273 words(20 lines of text) covering the years 1250, 1391, 1469, 1593, 1597, 1565 and 1660 are included under the topic Early Churnside History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Churnside Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Churnside Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John and Edward Churnside who settled in Newcastle county Delaware in 1840
- Cook, Chris. English Historical Facts 1603-1688. London: MacMillan, 1980. Print.
- Bowman, George Ernest. The Mayflower Reader A Selection of Articales from The Mayflower Descendent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. General Armory Of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. Print.
- Elster, Robert J. International Who's Who. London: Europa/Routledge. Print.
- Burke, Sir Bernard. Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry: Including American Families with British Ancestry. (2 Volumes). London: Burke Publishing, 1939. Print.
- The Norman People and Their Existing Descendants in the British Dominions and the United States Of America. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1975. Print. (ISBN 0-8063-0636-X).
- Dunkling, Leslie. Dictionary of Surnames. Toronto: Collins, 1998. Print. (ISBN 0004720598).
- Le Patourel, John. The Norman Empire. New York: Oxford University Press, 1976. Print. (ISBN 0-19-822525-3).
- Crispin, M. Jackson and Leonce Mary. Falaise Roll Recording Prominent Companions of William Duke of Normandy at the Conquest of England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
The Churnside Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Churnside Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 November 2014 at 14:47.
on orders of $85 or more