Chouinard History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Chouinard family
The surname Chouinard was first found in Touraine.
Early History of the Chouinard family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chouinard research. Another 85 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1411, 1419, 1523, 1593, 1622, 1669, 1702, 1744, 1747, 1767, 1775, 1777, and 1779 are included under the topic Early Chouinard History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chouinard Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Choin, Chouin, Choine, Choisne, Choinet, Choiniere, Choinière, Choisnet, Choisnel, Choinard, Choisnard, Chouan, Chouanard, Chouard, Chouet, Chouette and many more.
Early Notables of the Chouinard family (pre 1700)
Notable at this time was P. Chouard, who was a lawyer in Rouen in 1593. Of the Chouet family were two councillors at the Parliament of Bretagne in 1622; the Chouard families of Guinimonière, Riardais, Porte Chouard, Bourbouseul, and Garoulaye were given noble status of ancient extraction in 1669. Marie-Emile de Joly de Choin was the daughter of Pierre, state councillor of the duke of Savoy; the Chouard or Chouart line fixed in Hautout, Sahurs, Val de la Haye in the seventeenth century, is represented in Paris. Louis-Albert de Joly de Choin was bishop of Toulon in 1702. A...
Another 98 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Chouinard Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chouinard World Ranking
In the United States, the name Chouinard is the 7,993rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name.  However, in Canada, the name Chouinard is ranked the 409th most popular surname with an estimated 11,385 people with that name.  And in Quebec, Canada, the name Chouinard is the 160th popular surname. 
Chouinard migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Chouinard Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Nicolas Chouinard, son of Pierre and Florimonde, who married Jeanne Renaud, daughter of Jacques and Marie, in Charlesbourg, Quebec on 21st November 1689 
- Jaques Chouinard married in 1692 in Quebec and had ten children. His descendents have spread to Saint-Jean-Port-Joli, Saint-Roch, Remouski
- Jacques Chouinard, son of Charles and Élisabeth, who married Louise Jean, daughter of Pierre and Françoise, in Quebec on 2nd June 1692 
- Pierre Chouinard married in 1699 in Montreal
- Pierre Chouinard, son of Nicolas and Anne, who married Françoise Dagenais, daughter of Pierre and Anne, in Montreal, Quebec on 22nd April 1699 
Chouinard Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Eustache Chouinard married in 1725 in Janneau, Quebec
- Eustache Chouinard, son of Jacques and Louise, who married Marie-Madeleine Bérubé, daughter of Pierre and Geneviève, in Quebec on 8th July 1725 
- Pierre Chouinard, son of Jacques and Louise, who married Geneviève Lizot, daughter of Noel and Catherine, in Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pérade, Quebec on 18th November 1727 
- Julien Chouinard, son of Jacques and Louise, who married Reine Fortin, daughter of Pierre and Marie-Gertrude, in Islet, Quebec on 16th January 1741 
- Charles Chouinard, son of Jacques and Louise, who married Marie-Dorothée Fortin, daughter of Pierre and Marie, in Islet, Quebec on 11th January 1745 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Chouinard (post 1700) +
- Yvon Chouinard, An American rock climber, environmentalist, and outdoor industry billionaire businessman. His company, Patagonia
- Robert William "Bobby" Chouinard (b. 1972), Philippine-born, American retired Major League Baseball right-handed pitcher who played from 1996 to 2001
- Eric Guy Chouinard (b. 1980), American-born Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Guy Camil "Gramps" Chouinard (b. 1956), Canadian retired professional ice hockey player
- Joël Chouinard (b. 1990), Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman
- Julien Chouinard OC CD (1929-1987), Canadian lawyer, civil servant, 56th Puisne Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada (1979-1987)
- Lieutenant General Jacques Chouinard CMM CD (1922-2008), Canadian officer, Commander, Mobile Command of the Canadian Forces (1975-1977)
- Vincent Philippe Eugene "Blackie" Chouinard (1902-1957), Canadian professional NHl ice hockey player for the Ottawa Senators during the 1927 season
- Jean-Marc Chouinard (b. 1963), Canadian fencer in the individual and team épée events at the 1984 to 1996 Olympic Games
- Marie Chouinard, Canadian artistic director and choreographic dancer who founded Compagnie Marie Chouinard in Quebec City
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ https://forebears.io/surnames/
- ^ https://statistique.quebec.ca/fr/document/noms-de-famille-au-quebec/tableau/les-1-000-premiers-noms-de-famille-selon-le-rang-quebec
- ^ Internoscia, Arthur E., and Claire Chevrier. Dictionnaire National des Canadiens Français 1608-1760. Vol. 1, Institut Drouin, 1958.