The original bearer of the name Choquette, which is a local
surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful French region of Artois. In Artois, hereditary surnames
were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local
names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Choquette family originally lived in Choques, a village in Pas-de-Calais, in the district of Béthune.
Early Origins of the Choquette family
The surname Choquette was first found in Artois, a former province of northern France where the family was established in Choques, a village in Pas-de-Calais, in the district of Béthune.
Early History of the Choquette family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Choquette research.Another 153 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1580, 1623, 1646, 1712, 1743, 1747, 1790, 1806, 1813, 1844, and 1873 are included under the topic Early Choquette History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Choquette Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Choque, Choques, Choquet, Choquette, Chocquart and many more.
Early Notables of the Choquette family (pre 1700)
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Choquette Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Choquette family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Choquette Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Wilfrid Choquette, aged 22, who settled in America from Rome, in 1904
- Elias W. Choquette, aged 36, who emigrated to the United States, in 1914
- Clarence Choquette, aged 39, who landed in America, in 1924
Choquette Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Leopold Choquette, aged 28, who emigrated to Montreal Canada, in 1915
- Alma L. Choquette, aged 32, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1924
- Charles Choquette, aged 33, who settled in Montreal, Canada, in 1924
Contemporary Notables of the name Choquette (post 1700)
- Jeff Choquette (b. 1986), American professional stock car racing driver
- John "Jack" Choquette (1928-2013), American stock car and modified stock car racing driver, winner of the 1954 NASCAR Modified Division championship, grandfather of Jeff Choquette
- Robert Guy Choquette CC GOQ (1905-1991), American-born, Canadian novelist, poet and diplomat, Canadian Ambassador to Paraguay, Uruguay, and Argentina (1968-1970)
- Remi D. Choquette Sr, American fruit grower in Miami, Florida who developed the eponymous Choquette avocado
- Jérôme Choquette (1928-2017), Canadian lawyer and politician, MNA for Outremont, Quebec (1966-1976)
- Natalie Choquette, Tokyo-born, Canadian soprano
- Ernest Choquette (1862-1941), French-Canadian physician, novelist, and politician, Member of the Legislative Council of Quebec for Rougemont (1910-1941)
- Michel Choquette (b. 1938), French-Canadian humorist
- Hector Choquette (1884-1959), French-Canadian politician, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Quebec (MLA)
- Fernand Choquette CC (1895-1975), French-Canadian Quebec MNA and judge of the Quebec Court of Appeal from 1956 until 1970
- ... (Another 3 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)