Chiarelli History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Italian Chiarelli surname comes from the personal name Chiaro, which is from the Latin Clarus meaning "light," or "famous."
Early Origins of the Chiarelli family
The surname Chiarelli was first found in Messina (Sicilian: Missina; Latin: Messana), capital of the Italian province of Messina. Its history begins in 397 B.C. After a checkered history the Saracens took it in 831, and the Normans in 1061. It was host to the crusaders in 1190. Garibaldi landed in 1860 and it was the last city to be made a part of united Italy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Chiarelli family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chiarelli research. Another 132 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1261 and 1684 are included under the topic Early Chiarelli History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chiarelli Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chiarello, Chiarallo, Chiarillo, Chiarelo, Chiari, Chari, Chiaro, Chiarella, Chiarelli, Chiarito, Chiarot, Chiarel, Claretti and many more.
Early Notables of the Chiarelli family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Chiarelli Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chiarelli migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Chiarelli Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Guiseppe Chiarelli, who settled in North Dakota in 1927
- Bruno Chiarelli, who settled in North Dakota in 1931
Contemporary Notables of the name Chiarelli (post 1700) +
- Peter W. Chiarelli (b. 1950), American retired United States Army general, 32nd Vice Chief of Staff of the U.S. Army (2008-2012)
- Rob Chiarelli (b. 1963), American record producer, mix engineer and musician, best known for his work as music producer for Will Smith and Men in Black II (2002)
- Luigi Chiarelli (1884-1947), Italian playwright, theatre critic, and writer of short stories, best known as the founder of the teatro grottesco, or Theatre of the Grotesque
- Raffaele Chiarelli (b. 1990), Belgian football midfielder
- Bernard Chiarelli (b. 1934), French former footballer
- Calogero "Charly" Chiarelli (b. 1948), Canadian writer, storyteller, actor and musician
- Talia Chiarelli (b. 1995), Canadian silver and bronze medalist artistic gymnast, daughter of Peter Chiarelli
- Robert "Bob" Chiarelli (b. 1941), Canadian politician in Ontario, Minister of Energy (2013-)
- Peter Chiarelli (b. 1964), Canadian general manager of the Boston Bruins (2006-)
- Rick Chiarelli (b. 1963), Canadian politician in Ontario, Canada
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Related Stories +