Chiappetta History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Chiappetta family
The surname Chiappetta was first found in Aquila, capital of Abruzzi Province of Italy. A city on the valley of the Aterno. The citadel (1535) of the Spanish viceroy Don Pedro de Toledo. The church of St Bewrardin is notable. The fountain outside the town has 99 jets. It was founded Conrad, son of Emperor Frederick II in 1250. The Spaniards captured it in 1503. Sacked by the French in 1799. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. Originally of Castille in Spain, the Italian was moved of army XVI of Carlo V.
Early History of the Chiappetta family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chiappetta research. Another 100 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1584, 1675, and 1796 are included under the topic Early Chiappetta History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chiappetta Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cheaves, Chaves, Cioffani, Chiapponi, Chiava and many more.
Early Notables of the Chiappetta family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Chiappetta Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chiappetta migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Chiappetta Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angela Chiappetta, aged 25, who landed in America from Rende, Cosenze, Italy, in 1909
- Alessandro Chiappetta, aged 33, who landed in America from Cosenza, Italy, in 1910
- Achille Chiappetta, aged 19, who immigrated to America from Rende, Italy, in 1911
- Benesetto Chiappetta, aged 7, who immigrated to the United States from S.Vinniro, Italy, in 1911
- Angiolina Chiappetta, aged 17, who landed in America from Rose, Italy, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Chiappetta (post 1700) +
- Robert Chiappetta, American television writer, best known as executive story editor on the FOX science-fiction series Fringe
Related Stories +