Chernoff History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Chernoff family
Chernoff Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Chernakov, Czernicki, Chernyak, Charny, Cherny, Chernov, Tchernov and many more.
Contemporary Notables of the name Chernoff (post 1700)
- Fred Chernoff, American Harvey Picker Professor of International Relations at Colgate University
- Adrian Chernoff, American prolific inventor who holds 89 US patents in various products, former Chief Architect and principal inventor behind in General Motors' "Reinvention of the Automobile"
- Maxine Chernoff (b. 1952), American novelist, writer, poet, academic and literary magazine editor, Professor and Chair of the Creative Writing program at San Francisco State University
- Allan Chernoff, American writer and founding owner of Chernoff Communications, the first journalist to report live from the floor of the New York Stock Exchange
- Joel Chernoff, American Messianic Jewish singer-songwriter and founding member of the music group Lamb
- Herman Chernoff (b. 1923), American applied mathematician, statistician and physicist, former Professor at MIT, current Professor at Harvard University, Fellow of the American Mathematical Society in 2012, he developed the Chernoff face
- Mike Chernoff, Canadian curler, skip for Team Canada at the 1978 Air Canada Silver Broom
- Michael Terence Chernoff (1946-2011), Canadian retired NHL and WHA ice hockey left winger
Chernoff Family Crest Products