Chavira History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The prestigious surname Chavira originated in Spain
, a country which has figured prominently in world affairs for hundreds of years.
Early Origins of the Chavira family
The surname Chavira was first found in Galicia
, in northwestern Spain.
Early History of the Chavira family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chavira research.Another 398 words (28 lines of text) covering the years 1370 and 1815 are included under the topic Early Chavira History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chavira Spelling Variations
Early Notables of the Chavira family (pre 1700)
Another 46 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Chavira Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Chavira family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Juan Chaves, who served with Pedro de Alvarado and who founded the settlement of Gracias a Dios in 1533. Also of note was Nuflo de Chaves, who voyaged to the New World with Alvar Nú.
Contemporary Notables of the name Chavira (post 1700)
- Itan Daniel Chavira (b. 1987), American gold medalist minor league ice hockey forward in the Men's Roller inline hockey at the 2013 World Games
- Ricardo Antonio Chavira (b. 1971), American two-time Screen Actors Guild Award winning actor, known for his role as Carlos Solis in Desperate Housewives (2004-2012)
- Arlo Chavira, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Texas State House of Representatives 81st District, 2004 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Javier Lozano Chavira (b. 1971), Mexican footballer
Chavira Family Crest Products
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html