Chavarria History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Noble surnames, such as Chavarria, evoke images of the ancient homeland of the Spanish people. The original bearer of the name Chavarria, which is a local surname, once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Spain. In Spain, hereditary surnames were adopted according to fairly general rules and during the late Middle Ages, names that were derived from localities became increasingly widespread. Local names originally denoted the proprietorship of the village or estate. The Chavarria family originally lived in the district of Chavarri which is in Vizcaya. The place-name Chavarri is derived from the Basque word "etxe-barria," which means "new house."
Early Origins of the Chavarria family
The surname Chavarria was first found in the Basque region of northern Spain.
Early History of the Chavarria family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chavarria research. Another 249 words (18 lines of text) covering the year 1081 is included under the topic Early Chavarria History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chavarria Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chavarría, Chavarria, Chávarri, Chavarri, Chavaría, Chavaria, Chábarri, Chabarri, de Chábarri, de Chabarri, Chabarría, Chabarria, Echeverría, Echeverria, Echavarría, Echavarria, de Echavarría, de Echavarria, Echavaría, Echavaria, Echevarría, Echevarria, Echeberría, Echeberria, Echebarría, Echebarria, Echéberri, Echeberri, Echébarri, Echebarri, Echévarri, Echevarri, Echéverri, Echeverri, Echarri and many more.
Early Notables of the Chavarria family (pre 1700)
Another 36 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Chavarria Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Chavarria migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Chavarria Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bernardo Chavarría, who sailed to Puerto Rico in 1803
- Bernardo Chavarria, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1803 
- Maria Chavarria, aged 18, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1830 
Contemporary Notables of the name Chavarria (post 1700) +
- Bobbi Jo Chavarria, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Fontana, California, 2010 
- Daniel Chavarría (1933-2018), Uruguayan revolutionary and writer
- Jorge Rossi Chavarría (1922-2006), Costa Rican politician
- Osvaldo Chavarria (b. 1937), Panama-born former Major League Baseball player
- Casiano José Chavarría (b. 1901), Bolivian football defender
- Daniel Chavarria (b. 1933), Uruguayan revolutionary and writer
- Germán José Chavarría Jiménez (b. 1958), former Costa Rican footballer
- Pablo Chavarría (b. 1988), Argentine footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, December 8) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html