on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the French Chalifoux family come from? What is the French Chalifoux family crest and coat of arms? When did the Chalifoux family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Chalifoux family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chafour, Chaufour, Chauffour, Chaffour, Chaufourt, Chauffourt, Choufort, Chouffort, Choufour, Chouffour, le Chaufour, le Chauffour, de Chaufour, de Chauffour, le Chaufourt, le Chauffourt, de Chaufourt, de Chauffourt, Chaufort, Chauffort, le Chaufort, le Chauffort, de Chaufort and many more.
First found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chalifoux research. Another 198 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1377, 1378, 1391, 1399, 1415, and 1488 are included under the topic Early Chalifoux History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 21 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Chalifoux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Chalifoux Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Bessie R. Chalifoux, aged 25, who emigrated to America, in 1906
- Helen A. Chalifoux, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Yates G. Chalifoux, aged 26, who settled in Chicago Ill, in 1919
Chalifoux Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Gabrielle Chalifoux, aged 23, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1923
- Lionel Chalifoux, aged 29, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1923
- Alice Chalifoux (1908-2008), American Principal Harpist with the Cleveland Orchestra (1931 to 1974)
- Paul Chalifoux, Canadian politician and the former mayor of St. Albert, Alberta
- Thelma J. Chalifoux (b. 1929), former Canadian politician and teacher
- Denis Chalifoux (b. 1971), Canadian retired professional ice hockey player
- Denis Chalifoux (b. 1955), Canadian politician in Quebec, member of the National Assembly of Quebec from 2007 to 2008
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- D'Hozier Charles. Armorial Général de France. Paris: Dillon, 1875. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The Chalifoux Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Chalifoux Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 29 November 2013 at 08:35.
on orders of $85 or more