on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Chalifoux was first found in Picardy (French: Picardie) in northern France, where the family has been a prominent family for centuries.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Chafour, Chaufour, Chauffour, Chaffour, Chaufourt, Chauffourt, Choufort, Chouffort, Choufour, Chouffour, le Chaufour, le Chauffour, de Chaufour, de Chauffour, le Chaufourt, le Chauffourt, de Chaufourt, de Chauffourt, Chaufort, Chauffort, le Chaufort, le Chauffort, de Chaufort and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Chalifoux research. Another 198 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1200, 1377, 1378, 1391, 1399, 1415, and 1488 are included under the topic Early Chalifoux History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 21 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Chalifoux Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Chalifoux Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Bessie R. Chalifoux, aged 25, who emigrated to America, in 1906
- Helen A. Chalifoux, aged 21, who emigrated to the United States, in 1906
- Yates G. Chalifoux, aged 26, who settled in Chicago Ill, in 1919
Chalifoux Settlers in Canada in the 20th Century
- Gabrielle Chalifoux, aged 23, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1923
- Lionel Chalifoux, aged 29, who emigrated to Montreal, Canada, in 1923
- Alice Chalifoux (1908-2008), American Principal Harpist with the Cleveland Orchestra (1931 to 1974)
- Denis Chalifoux (b. 1955), Canadian politician in Quebec, member of the National Assembly of Quebec from 2007 to 2008
- Denis Chalifoux (b. 1971), Canadian retired professional ice hockey player
- Thelma J. Chalifoux (b. 1929), former Canadian politician and teacher
- Paul Chalifoux, Canadian politician and the former mayor of St. Albert, Alberta
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Chalifoux Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Chalifoux Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 June 2015 at 19:12.
on orders of $85 or more