Cerutti History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Cerutti surname is derived from the Italian word "cero" or "cirro" both of which mean "curl," and as such this was probably originally a nickname for someone with curly hair.
Early Origins of the Cerutti family
The surname Cerutti was first found in Verona, a city in Venetia Italy, capital of the province of Verona. This ancient city was the chief town of the Cenomani, a Gaulish tribe and became a Latin town in 89 B.C. It became part of Lombardy (568,) Frankish, Bartolmeo ruled and died in 1304. It is said to be the home of Romeo and Juliet. The city is rich in churches, museums, galleries, paintings, sculptures, statues and monuments. The cathedral was consecrated in 1187. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the Cerutti family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cerutti research. Another 157 words (11 lines of text) covering the years 1279, 1435, 1517, 1775, 1663, 1749, 1683, 1760, 1698, 1767, 1738 and 1792 are included under the topic Early Cerutti History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Cerutti Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Cerruti, Ceruti, Cerrati, Cerati, Cerrati, Cerati and many more.
Early Notables of the Cerutti family (pre 1700)
Prominent among bearers of this family in early times was Michelangelo Cerruti (1663-1749), an Italian painter of the Baroque period; Roque Ceruti (c. 1683-1760), an Italian composer in Peru...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cerutti Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Cerutti family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Vincenzo Cerrati, who settled in New York, NY in 1893; Raffael Cerrati, who settled in New York, NY in 1893; Leonardo Cerrati, who came to New York, NY in 1893.
Contemporary Notables of the name Cerutti (post 1700) +
- John Cerutti (1960-2004), American Major League Baseball player and television broadcaster
- Generale di Brigata Aerea Marziale Cerutti (1895-1946), Italian World War II flying ace, recipient of the Silver Medal for Military Valor
- Fabio Cerutti (b. 1985), Italian silver and bronze medalist sprinter
- Florencia Cerutti Bogado (1982-2008), Paraguay-born Laser Radial sailor at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Luis David Cerutti (b. 1974), Argentine footballer
- Carlos Alberto Cerutti (1969-1990), Argentine basketball player
- Alison Conte Cerutti (b. 1986), Brazilian two-time gold and silver medalist beach volleyball player
Related Stories +