Ceballos History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origins the old family name Ceballos can be found within medieval Spain. While the patronymic and metronymic surnames, which are derived from the name of the father and mother respectively, are the most common form of a hereditary surname in Spain, occupational surnames also emerged during the late Middle Ages. Many people, such as the Ceballos family, adopted the name of their occupation as their surname. The surname Ceballos was an occupational name for a knight or a knight's servant.
Early Origins of the Ceballos family
The surname Ceballos was first found in Castile, an important Christian kingdom of medieval Spain.
Important Dates for the Ceballos family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Ceballos research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1176, 1656, 1704, 1697, 1703, 1645, 1697, 1670 and 1679 are included under the topic Early Ceballos History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ceballos Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Caballero, Caballeros, Caballer, Caballé, Caballe, Caballería, Caballeria, Caballo, Caballos, de Caballos, Cavallo, Cavallos, de Cavallos, Cavallón, Cavallon, de Cavallón, de Cavallon, Cavallero, Cavallería and many more.
Early Notables of the Ceballos family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family were eighteenth century Spanish politician Jerónimo Caballero, first Marquis of Caballero; eighteenth century Spanish military officer Juan Caballero; nineteenth century Cuban philosopher José de la Luz Caballero; nineteenth century Spanish military officer Antonio Caballero y Fernández de Rodas; nineteenth century Paraguayan politician...
Another 48 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Ceballos Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Ceballos migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical Ceballos Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
Ceballos Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Emeterio Ceballos, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1830 
- Jeronimo Ceballos, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1860 
Contemporary Notables of the name Ceballos (post 1700)
- Jacqueline Ceballos (b. 1925), American feminist
- Cedric Ceballos (b. 1969), American NBA basketball player
- Eduardo Mendoza Ceballos (b. 1943), Spanish novelist
- Juan Carlos Ceballos (b. 1983), Spanish footballer
- Alberto Heredia Ceballos (b. 1987), Spanish footballer
- Juan Bautista Ceballos (1811-1859), interim President of Mexico
- Isabel Ceballos (b. 1979), Colombian Olympic swimmer
- Camilo Ceballos (b. 1984), Colombian footballer
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)