on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Cazares family come from? What is the Spanish Cazares family crest and coat of arms? When did the Cazares family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Cazares family history?The distinguished Spanish surname Cazares is of toponymic and locative origin. It is of toponymic origin when it is derived from the name of the place of residence of the original bearer; it is of locative origin when it is derived from a natural or man-made feature of the dwelling place of the initial bearer.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Casares, Casarez, Casare, Cazares and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain, although the name may have originated from various other places in the regions of Galicia, the Basque country or Andalucia.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cazares research. Another 441 words (32 lines of text) covering the years 1493 and 1629 are included under the topic Early Cazares History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 21 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Cazares Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Antonio De Casares and his wife Isabel de Ojeda de Casares who settled in New Spain in 1599. Later settlers included Felix Casares who immigrated to Puerto Rico in 1836..
- Dino Cazares, Mexican-American musician
- Gabriel "Gabe" Cazares (1920-2006), American politician, mayor of Clearwater, Florida, Pinellas County commissioner
- Juan Ramon Cazares (b. 1992), Ecuadorian football Midfielder
- Hugo Fidel Cazares (b. 1978), Mexican WBA Super Flyweight champion boxer
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
The Cazares Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Cazares Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 December 2014 at 17:14.
on orders of $85 or more