on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Origins Available: Italian, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Cataldi family come from? What is the Spanish Cataldi family crest and coat of arms? When did the Cataldi family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Cataldi family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Catalan, Catala, Catalani, Catalno, Catelani, Catalanotti, Catalano and many more.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cataldi research. Another 419 words (30 lines of text) covering the year 1469 is included under the topic Early Cataldi History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Cataldi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cataldi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agostino Cataldi, aged 22, who landed in America from Norcia, Italy, in 1909
- Angelo Cataldi, aged 21, who settled in America from Tuglia, Italy, in 1909
- Alessandro Cataldi, aged 20, who settled in America from Crioiadeichorti, Italy, in 1910
- Antonio Cataldi, aged 41, who landed in America from Alatri, Italy, in 1910
- Assunta Cataldi, aged 12, who settled in America from Palermo, Sicily, in 1911
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
The Cataldi Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Cataldi Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 August 2011 at 17:31.
on orders of $85 or more