on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Origins Available: Italian, Spanish
Where did the Spanish Cataldi family come from? What is the Spanish Cataldi family crest and coat of arms? When did the Cataldi family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Cataldi family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Catalan, Catala, Catalani, Catalno, Catelani, Catalanotti, Catalano and many more.
First found in Catalonia, in northeastern Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Cataldi research. Another 419 words(30 lines of text) covering the year 1469 is included under the topic Early Cataldi History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Cataldi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Cataldi Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Agostino Cataldi, aged 22, who landed in America from Norcia, Italy, in 1909
- Angelo Cataldi, aged 21, who settled in America from Tuglia, Italy, in 1909
- Alessandro Cataldi, aged 20, who settled in America from Crioiadeichorti, Italy, in 1910
- Antonio Cataldi, aged 41, who landed in America from Alatri, Italy, in 1910
- Assunta Cataldi, aged 12, who settled in America from Palermo, Sicily, in 1911
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
The Cataldi Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Cataldi Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 26 August 2011 at 17:31.
on orders of $85 or more