Castillejos History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The noble Spanish family name Castillejos is classified as being of habitation origin, as it derived from either the location of the place of residence of the initial bearer or from the name of the town or village from whence he hailed. The place name Castillejo is itself derived from the Castillian word "castillo," meaning "castle," and which, combined with the suffix "ejo," means "dwelling used as a castle."
Early Origins of the Castillejos family
The surname Castillejos was first found in the north central region of Castile-Leon.
Early History of the Castillejos family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castillejos research.Another 94 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1682 and 1866 are included under the topic Early Castillejos History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Castillejos Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Castillejo, Castilleja, Castillejos and others.
Early Notables of the Castillejos family (pre 1700)
Con la Reconquista guerra con la que los cristianos bajo las órdenes del rey Fernando y la reina Isabel reconquistaron a España y expulsaron a los musulmanes invasores en el año 1492. Dentro de... Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castillejos Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Castillejos family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jorge De Castillejo who arrived in Venezuela in 1534; Nicolas De Castilleja who settled in Nicaragua in 1561; Hernando Castilleja who settled in Dominican Republic in 1563.
Contemporary Notables of the name Castillejos (post 1700)
- Josué Castillejos Toledo (b. 1981), former Mexican football holding midfielder
- Jorge Castillejos (b. 1951), Mexican fencer at the 1968 and 1972 Summer Olympics
- Telesforo Castillejos, Filipino politician, Governor of Batanes (2007-2010)
- Iván Castillejos Toledo (b. 1984), Mexican football forward
- Gonzalo Rubén Castillejos (b. 1986), Argentine football forward
- Telesforo Falces Castillejos (b. 1948), civil engineer in the Philippines
- Epifanio Castillejos (b. 1924), mayor and congressman in the Philippines
Castillejos Family Crest Products