on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Castanon was first found in Castile
, in north central Spain.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castaneda, Castanon, Castarede and others.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castanon research. Another 377 words (27 lines of text) covering the year 1781 is included under the topic Early Castanon History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 23 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castanon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castanon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Fco Castanon, aged 27, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1848
- Gonzalo Castanon, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1867
- Pedro Castanon, who arrived in Nicaragua in 1879
- Joseph Michael Castanon (b. 1997), known by his stage name Sir Castanon, an American child actor and pop singer-songwriter
- Jesus Lopez Castanon (b. 1973), Mexican jockey in American thoroughbred racing who won the 2011 Preakness Stakes; as of April 2015, he has 2,042 career wins
- José Manuel Castañón (1920-2001), Spanish writer
- Augusto Ulloa y Castañón (1823-1879), Spanish lawyer, politician and journalist, Minister of State in 1872 and 1874
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
- Carr, Raymond. Spain, 1808-1975. 2nd Ed. . Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1982. Print. (ISBN 978-0198221272).
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
The Castanon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castanon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 March 2016 at 11:11.
on orders of $85 or more