on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Castanon family come from? What is the Spanish Castanon family crest and coat of arms? When did the Castanon family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Castanon family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castaneda, Castanon, Castarede and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castanon research. Another 377 words (27 lines of text) covering the year 1781 is included under the topic Early Castanon History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castanon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castanon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Fco Castanon, aged 27, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1848
- Gonzalo Castanon, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1867
- Pedro Castanon, who arrived in Nicaragua in 1879
- Joseph Michael Castanon (b. 1997), known by his stage name Sir Castanon, an American child actor and pop singer-songwriter
- Jesus Lopez Castanon (b. 1973), Mexican jockey in American thoroughbred racing who won the 2011 Preakness Stakes; as of April 2015, he has 2,042 career wins
- José Manuel Castañón (1920-2001), Spanish writer
- Augusto Ulloa y Castañón (1823-1879), Spanish lawyer, politician and journalist, Minister of State in 1872 and 1874
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
- Atienza, Julio De Atienza. Español: Diccionario Heraldico De Apellidos Españoles Y De Titulos Nobiliarios. Madrid: Aguilar, 1959. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
The Castanon Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castanon Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 8 April 2015 at 09:31.
on orders of $85 or more