Castanon History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Castanon family
The surname Castanon was first found in Castile, in north central Spain.
Early History of the Castanon family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castanon research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1781, 1828, 1883 and 1873 are included under the topic Early Castanon History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Castanon Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castaneda, Castanon, Castarede and others.
Early Notables of the Castanon family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family General don Ramón de Castaneda y Rada, Count of Udalla on June 19, 1781.
Gabriele Castagnola (1828-1883) was an Italian artist born in Genoa and...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castanon Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Castanon is the 8,213rd most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Castanon migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castanon Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Fco Castanon, aged 27, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1848 
- Gonzalo Castanon, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1867 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Castanon (post 1700) ||+|
- Joseph Michael Castanon (b. 1997), known by his stage name Sir Castanon, an American child actor and pop singer-songwriter
- Jesus Lopez Castanon (b. 1973), Mexican jockey in American thoroughbred racing who won the 2011 Preakness Stakes; as of April 2015, he has 2,042 career wins
- José Manuel Castañón (1920-2001), Spanish writer
- Augusto Ulloa y Castañón (1823-1879), Spanish lawyer, politician and journalist, Minister of State in 1872 and 1874
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)