on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Castano family come from? What is the Spanish Castano family crest and coat of arms? When did the Castano family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Castano family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castaneda, Castanon, Castarede and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castano research. Another 377 words(27 lines of text) covering the year 1781 is included under the topic Early Castano History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castano Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Castano, who arrived in New Spain in 1834
- Manuel Castano, who landed in Florida in 1838
- Nadal Castano, aged 30, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1848
- Miguel Castano, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1868
- Luis Castano, who landed in Peru in 1880
- Catalina Castaño Alvarez (b. 1979), Colombian tennis player
- Héctor Castaño (b. 1965), Colombian road cyclist
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- García Carraffa, Alberto and Arturo. Diccionario Heráldico y Genealógico de Apellidos Españoles y Americanos 88 Volumes. Madrid: A. Marzo. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Chronological list of passengers to Spanish America (including Florida and Louisiana, 1538-1559). From documents in the "Indian Archives". Sevilla. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
The Castano Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castano Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 January 2015 at 18:19.
on orders of $85 or more