on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the Spanish Castano family come from? What is the Spanish Castano family crest and coat of arms? When did the Castano family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Castano family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castaneda, Castanon, Castarede and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castano research. Another 377 words (27 lines of text) covering the year 1781 is included under the topic Early Castano History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castano Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Castano, who arrived in New Spain in 1834
- Manuel Castano, who landed in Florida in 1838
- Nadal Castano, aged 30, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1848
- Miguel Castano, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1868
- Luis Castano, who landed in Peru in 1880
- Michael J. Castano, American Republican politician, Candidate in primary for Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, 2003
- Héctor Castaño (b. 1965), Colombian road cyclist
- Catalina Castaño Alvarez (b. 1979), Colombian tennis player
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Archivo General De Indias, Sevilla. Catalogo de Pasajeros a Indias durante los Siglos XVI, XVII y XVIII Edited by the docents of the General Indian Archives under the Director of the Archives, Don Cristobal Bermudez Plata 3 Volumes - Volume 1 1509-1534. Sevilla, Spain: Imprenta de la Gavidia, 1940. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today. 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-900455-209).
- de Cadenas, Vicente Y Viicent. Caballeros de La Orden de Santiago Siglo XVIII. Madrid: Hidalguía, 1996. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
The Castano Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castano Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 13 January 2016 at 18:02.
on orders of $85 or more