on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the Spanish Castano family come from? What is the Spanish Castano family crest and coat of arms? When did the Castano family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Castano family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Castaneda, Castanon, Castarede and others.
First found in Castile, in north central Spain.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Castano research. Another 377 words(27 lines of text) covering the year 1781 is included under the topic Early Castano History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 23 words(2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Castano Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Castano Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Castano, who arrived in New Spain in 1834
- Manuel Castano, who landed in Florida in 1838
- Nadal Castano, aged 30, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1848
- Miguel Castano, who landed in Puerto Rico in 1868
- Luis Castano, who landed in Peru in 1880
- Catalina Castaño Alvarez (b. 1979), Colombian tennis player
- Héctor Castaño (b. 1965), Colombian road cyclist
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Maduell, Charles R. Compiler Index of Spanish Citizens Entering the Port of New Orleans Between January 1840 and December 1865. New Orleans: The Compiler, 1966. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came in Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Matthews, John. Matthews' American Armoury and Blue Book. London: John Matthews, 1911. Print.
- Domínguez, C. Hispano de Apellidos y Blasones. 4 Vols. 2001. Print.
The Castano Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Castano Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 3 January 2015 at 18:19.
on orders of $85 or more