100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Caso was first found in the culturally rich region of Lombardy
, where earliest records date back to the year 1126 in Milan, when Apollonio Casati was Imperial Vicar for Lotario il Sassone.
Italian surnames come in far more variations than the names of most other nationalities. Regional traditions and dialects are a decisive factor in this characteristic. For example, northern names tend to end in "o", while southern in "i". Also important, but not unique to Italy, was the fact that before dictionaries and the printing press most scribes simply spelled words according to their sounds. The predictable result was an enormous number of spelling variations. The recorded spellings of Caso include Casa, Case, Dalla Casa, Dallacasa, Della Casa, Da Ca, Dacca, Da Cha, Dacha, Dalla Ca, Dallaca, Dalla Cha, Dallacha, Casella, Casello, Caselli, Casèl, Casiello, Casillo, Casetta, Casati, Casselli, Casetti, Casèt, Casina, Casine, Casino, Casini, Casola, Casolla, Casol, Casotti, Casone, Casoni, Cason, Casacchia, Casaccia, Casacci, Casassa, Casazza, Casabianca, Casablanca, Cabianca, Casabassa, Cabassa, Casabella, Cabella, Casabona, Cabona, Caboni, Casagrande, Casagrandi, Casamassima, Casanova, Canova, Casavecchia and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Caso research. More information is included under the topic Early Caso History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 437 words (31 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Caso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Analysis of immigration records indicates that some of the first North American immigrants bore the name Caso or a variant listed above:
Caso Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Juan Caso, who arrived in America in 1814
- Marcos De Caso, who landed in America in 1816
- Rafael De Caso, aged 27, arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829
- Luis Caso, aged 20, landed in New Orleans, La in 1829
- M Caso, aged 50, landed in New Orleans, La in 1842
- Anthony "Tony" Caso (b. 1980), American pop music recording artist, active in the 1980s and later actor, known for Bobby G. Can't Swim (1999), The Green Flash (1988) and Goodfellas (1990)
- Vincent "Vince" Caso (b. 1991), American actor and entrepreneur, known for his work on The Guild (2007) and Humble Pie (2007)
- Ralph George Caso (1917-1998), American politician, Republican Party Nominee for Lieutenant Governor of New York in 1974
- Laurence Caso, American five-time Daytime Emmy Award nominated television producer, Executive Producer of CBS Daytime's As the World Turns from 1988-1995
- Domenico Caso (b. 1954), Italian professional football coach and a former player
- Ángeles Caso (b. 1959), Spanish journalist, translator and writer
- Javier Enrique Caso Ravelo (b. 1986), Mexican footballer
- Beatriz Caso Lombardo (1929-2006), Mexican sculptor
- Carmen Rosa Caso Sierra (b. 1981), Dominican Republic two-time gold and four-time bronze medalist volleyball player
- Alfonso Caso y Andrade (1896-1970), Mexican archaeologist who made important contributions to pre-Columbian studies in Mexico
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Di Crollalanza, Goffredo. Enciclopedia araldico cavalleresca Prontuario nobiliare. Pisa: Presso La Direzione Del Giorale Araldica , 1878. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial Général by J.B. Rietstap. Ramsbury: Heraldry Today, 1967. Print. (ISBN 0-0900455-209).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Battilana, Natale, Ed. Genealogie Dello Famiglie Nobili di Genova. Genova: Fratelli Pagano, 1825. Print.
- Fucilla, Josheph G. Our Italian Surnames. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987. Print. (ISBN 0806311878).
- Annuaire Général Héraldique Universel. Paris: Institut Héraldique, 1901. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
The Caso Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Caso Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 19 February 2016 at 08:11.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- no headaches!